The next generation in DPV technology - Logic Dive Gear Genesis 600/1240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok thanks for that blown up diagram. I understand the lock strips now. I assume you rarely open the body, but when you do open it you can reuse a lock strip? The original owner is sending me a manual so I think I'm good.

---------- Post added February 21st, 2013 at 02:59 PM ----------

Back with other questions. I figured I could send you an email but why not answer it here and maybe answer some else's curiousity at the same time?

1) I saw in the manual that you recommended removing the locking strips during charging, just in case the batteries vented. Could you not loosen or remove the testing/vent port during charging instead?

2) Does one normally use the test port to verify oring integrity any time its been opened? Or is that typically reserved for special times when (e.g.) you needed to change the orings?

Ok thanks for that blown up diagram. I understand the lock strips now. I assume you rarely open the body, but when you do open it you can reuse a lock strip? The original owner is sending me a manual so I think I'm good.

The lock strips are reusable and last quite a long time. I take it you scored the one on RBW.

1) I saw in the manual that you recommended removing the locking strips during charging, just in case the batteries vented. Could you not loosen or remove the testing/vent port during charging instead?

Removing the lock strips prevents pressure from building up if something goes wrong while charging, but it does not open any seals, like removing the vent plug would. Every time a seal is opened on any equipment, there is wear and a risk of contamination and/or damage, so it is best to leave things sealed.

2) Does one normally use the test port to verify oring integrity any time its been opened? Or is that typically reserved for special times when (e.g.) you needed to change the orings?

We use the test port to vacuum and pressure test each scooter before run testing. The port is not there for everyday testing after assembly since a screw needs to be removed in the tail section to allow airflow in and out of the sealed electronics section. The batteries also need to be removed for testing since air can flow down the wires and give the indication of a leak.

Cheers,
Jon

Thanks for the explanations. I did get Steve's 1200 off TDS. So its coming back to the West Coast and getting some OW and cave lovin' :) One more question. Until I get some watt's up meters on the charger, do I have to open up the scooter to confirm that its at roughly the right storage voltage?

I rarely open them up to check the voltage. I charge it before going diving and just estimate the battery level depending on how much and how hard I ran it. On the 1200, if I run it for an hour or two, I don't put a storage charge on it after the dive. If I run it for 3-4 hours, I put it on the charger for a couple hours and if I run it all the way down, I'll charge it for about 4 hours. For your first few trips, check your voltage at the end of the day and see how much battery you used until you get a feel for it.

The new anti-wedgie harnesses will be released in a couple weeks. You might want one after your first ride.

Cheers,
Jon

What is the projected cost on this design roughly.

I don't know just yet, it depends on what all ends up in the package. I'll know more in a couple more weeks.

Cheers,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Any new updates?

If you are referring to the harness, they are available and one of these days I'll get some pictures of it up on the website, along with our new swivel camera mounts with Quick Release trays. They let the diver unlock the swivel, while still moving and pan the camera without having to let go of the trigger. The Quick release mount lets you quickly and easily, remove and install the camera with one hand.

If you are referring to the scooters, there have been no changes, other than a few internal electronics bits and the handle mounting bracket got a bit lighter. We also changed the battery charger to a CE compliant unit, so that it can ship to EU countries.

Cheers,
Jon

Hey Jon,

First off I have to say, awesome scooter. I am a a proud owner of the Gen 1200 and have a large number of envious friends. One of which had borrow mine because the reed switch failed during her DPV class.

Anyway 3 things about your scooters that sold me on it. In this order. The TBM, the logic of the design, and word of mouth from 3 users of the 600 series. These guys are cave 2 and tech 2 divers here in LA. One of which beta tested some gear form you.

To sum it up in regards to price of Genesis scooter verses others, It's a pay now or pay later. Great run times and minimal failure points combined with great engineering.

PS I don't think about your web page design while scootering lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom