The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the plate and it looks great. I am putting the webbing on the plate and was wondering about the waist slots. Do you generally put a tri-glide behind the plate to keep the webbing from moving or leave it loose for adjustments? It seems fairly well held in place, but that could change as the webbing gets softer or wet.
You can do either or.
I put the keeper in front of the slot on the outgoing part of the webbing so that it will only back up to that point and leave it adjustable.
I rounded the slots over well enough that the webbing will slide nicely with just enough resistance to be convenient and not overly loose and almost like on free spool.
When doing the adjustable method I recommend always using the crotch strap or else the thing will continuously tighten up and next thing you know the tank will be up behind your head.
The crotch strap keeps the plate down where it needs to be and prevents this.

I have used the plate with no crotch strap at points past, and in that case I put keepers (triglides) in between the slots to lock it.

On mine no tri glide. I like being able to.adjust on the fly and with the way the webbing is threaded at the top it's not.going to move much. Switching between.dry suit and as little as a skin being able to adjust quickly is nice.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot. I went with the red webbing and it looks great, I just have to try to find some soft red webbing for the crotch strap or just stick with black.

Here's a picture. Still need the crotch strap and to move the wing and cam bands.

IMG_2807.JPG

The DSS wings have that rubber "STA" built in. Eric, what's the distance between the rails? Curious how the rubber thingie will fit.
The rods are about 2" on center so a little less inside.
That wobble stopper block or whatever it's called might be in the way.
If you wanted to use the DSS wing with the contour you might have to cut off the wobble stopper or at least trim it down, or maybe squeeze and fit it underneath the rods?.
I would have to look at it and see.
My idea is that with two outer edges and no high center part of the plate there is no need for any such gizmo or any roll control pads as there is on other wings.

Officially, quoting the DSS website, it's a "Built in elastomeric single tank stabilizer". (Wobble stopper is something else). It's 3" wide total, so looks like it would interfere with the rails but it is sewn on and can be removed.

Pic:
uploadfromtaptalk1372350357126.jpg

I cut some bits of hose out of my OxyCheq 30 Lb wing, is that what you are refering to as a wobble stopper?
Yeah, that's the same thing. I think they call it roll control. BTW, I cut those things off my Oxycheq wing also.
They're all a variation of the same thing and all serve the same purpose.
My Hog wing also has two long rods of some sort sewn into the center panel designed to do the same thing. With the Hog though, they are far enough apart that the rails on my plate sit inside them perfect and it actually lines up the wing pretty well.

Put my wing in the plate yesterday. I have a Hollis wing and the "roll control" was attached with Velcro so it came off no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom