The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The plates are on sale now.
I have an add with pics over in the classified section in case anybody's interested.
For some reason it's not showing up on "New posts" so it's easy to miss.

Sure:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 817
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 848
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 774
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 789
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 770
Eric,

Have you tried to fit the plate to a DSS LCD wing by any chance? Just wondered how that would fit?

Thanx

And here's how a large looks with red webbing - HOG 32 Freedom Contour.jpgHOG 32 Freedom Contour2.jpg

Sorry it took so long to upload these. I did dive it two weeks ago and it is now my go to coldwater and general singles use rig. Holds an LP 95 rock steady and in perfect position. Trimming out took all of five minutes by adding a couple xs scuba weight pouches to the cam bands as I was diving dry and needed a little extra on the rig to keep it off my belt. I was also using a DSS plate with the bolt on weight plates before I switched the wing over to the Freedom plate. The Freedom was much more comfortable.

Jim - I might have to look into some interesting webbing color choices.....

Jim, where did you find red webbing?

Jim, where did you find red webbing?

Im pretty sure Scubatoys sells red webbing, they used to anyway.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 10:55 PM ----------

Eric, haven't forgotten just trying to get some cash together. How much would freight to Japan be, Shizuoka 422-8063? Feel free to PM me. Cheers.

PS I'm vertically challenged at 5'7" would I be looking at small or standard or would either be ok?

Hey Jim,
Look at post #33 and see how I got the webbing set up on the top slots, you have it threaded backwards - It may not make any difference, but I always threaded it the other way so the transition from plate to webbing was smoother. I know on the other style plates the webbing comes from the back and goes over the top of the plate, but on mine it's the other way around.

*Don't look at my webbing too close, it's at least 12 years old and has probably been on 15 different plates.
I should probably replace it.
Hmmm, you got me thinking, maybe a color this time?

---------- Post added June 12th, 2013 at 12:02 AM ----------

-
I'm vertically challenged at 5'7" would I be looking at small or standard or would either be ok?
You could use either, but the small would probably be a slightly better fit and at 3 lbs offsets an AL 80 just right - if you ever use AL 80's that is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom