The most irritating game in existence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
In case you didn't know already, I'll tell you.

It's minesweeper.

On the big board with 99 bombs I only win 3-4% of the time but once I start losing I can't stop until I win one.

And when I *do* finally win one I'm not like WOOOTT .... nope .... it's just a frustrated "FINALLY!". You don't even get the kick at the end.

I really honestly hate that game. I think I'm going to delete it from my computer.

R..

In case you didn't know already, I'll tell you.

It's minesweeper.

On the big board with 99 bombs I only win 3-4% of the time but once I start losing I can't stop until I win one.

And when I *do* finally win one I'm not like WOOOTT .... nope .... it's just a frustrated "FINALLY!". You don't even get the kick at the end.

I really honestly hate that game. I think I'm going to delete it from my computer.

R..

Ok! I have no idea what "minesweeper" is, but you totally crack me up... :rofl3: Thanks again for my laugh of the day, my friend.

:wink:

Last edited:
:) Any time

If you have Microsoft Windows on your computer it's one of the games under the "entertainment" folder.

Try it. They suck you in by making the first two boards easy enough for a monkey and then once you have the swing of it, you get sucked into trying the "expert" level and find out how cruel Microsoft really is.... :)

R..

(this guy is better than I am.....)

LOL vista keeps track of my win record on the big board apparently its 32% :) and I know exactly what you mean.

shortcut-minesweeper-game-winmine.jpg

LOL vista keeps track of my win record on the big board apparently its 32% :) and I know exactly what you mean.

32%? Wow. I almost always get in positions where I have to guess between 2 squares with a 50/50 chance and 90% of the time I seem to guess wrong. Often it happens with less than 20 bombs left too.

I'm not sure if 4% is really accurate. My kids play it too. Maybe they're even more hopelss than I am... although knowing my kids I doubt it.

R..

keep your hands where I can see them....

You wish! :wink:

It's dark and freezing outside. I'm exhausted from my week, I have no beer, the TV is boring, I don't feel motivated to play the piano or read a book at the moment and it's a slow day on scubaboard. What do you expect?

R..

I haven't played the Vista version (Microsoft devotes surprising time to Minesweeper between new Windows versions, and I know Vista's has been overhauled graphically, but the gameplay mechanics and mine-ratio may have been tweaked as well, so I wouldn't be comfortable comparing win percentages on different OSes), but in XP, Expert mode simply falls to the luck of the field. There's not that much you can do about it either because of the fundamental game design, but having too many mines puts you into more and more situations where you're left choosing between multiple 50/50 or 33/33/33 blind choices on the same board, and when that happens you're bound to lose frequently regardless of how good you are at the game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom