The most durable drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of good suggestions but the biggest thing you need to remember is the suit that fits you and your needs is going to be the best. Just because I think one or the other is the best doesn't mean it will even work for you let alone be the best one.

I started diving dry in the mid 60's and have seen quite an evolution. In the beginning we didn't even have exhaust or inflator valves on them so you came up looking like a full color road map. Today's suits come in a very wide variety of styles. Look around, shop around and see for yourself what works.

My guys just switched over to USIA and everyone is very happy and they are not looking back. We can buy 2+ USIA's for the price of one DUI and they are a local Oregon company. We still have Vikings, DUI and Whites in reserve.

Good luck

Gary D.

OK,,I am narrowing down to Bare nex-gen,,,,white fusion......Bare CD4 pro 4 mil..all pricing is close,maybe a few extras with one.Not gonna be diving off rocks or anything,just want to be warm,no tech,just rec.Yall have used /own/know something about all of them.could you expand abit for me,Ease,durable,less drag,least problem with air in feet,weight changes,bouncy,ect.I will be diving just for fun,but i want one that will last. I wont be rough on it.I really like the Bare nex-gen.but is it warm enough without putting on lots of underclothes..Coldest will probably not less than 45-50 dees grees...Thanks
Yep, any justifications about your opinions would be much appreciated :)

Some models are better than the others. Which models of USIA are you using?

Here is a pic of the USIA we switched to along with a TLS350.
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/120017/ppuser/2714
It's the PS Diver Dress 200 Aqua Pro Plus with the hard sole boots (farmer boots).
http://www.usia.com/safety/?p=90&scroll=t
The guys in them will not switch back to White's, DUI or Viking. A couple are still in a TLS 350 and I'm in a TLS 350 and a 50/50. I'm not going to spend the money on one for me because I'm gradually backing away from the dives.

Gary D.

are you asking me about my opinions as to my choices or waiting for somone elses opinions on my narrowed dwon choices?

I dive a vulcanized rubber Viking. This is mostly because work gives it to me and I can use it for recreational dives.

Its basically indescrucatable, dries alsmost instantly, has no bouyancy swing, can be field repaired easily, and packs up nice. On the other hand, its heavy, baggy (so it can contain a large air bubble), has no inherent warmth (you need undergarments) and the built on booties pretty much suck for walking around on dry land.

I see nobody mentioned Ursuk?
Ursuk has a variety of drysiuts to offer but the most common to recreational/tech divers are the Heavy Light/HL Rescue (Rescue is the red version of the Heavy Light) or the Heavy Light Cordura/RedQ (RedQ is the red version of the Heavy Light Cordura)

Heavy Light is trilam and Cordura is yes cordura.

Me myself and I own an Heavy Light suit and from the test that 'Baggbodykarna - Baggbodivers' did in their cavedivingtest it will hold for practically anything but from the manufacturer Ursuk the Cordura is a bit more robust and will take a little bit more beating than the regular Heavy Light.

It seems that USIA's the PS Diver Dress 200 Aqua Pro Plus is a good one but I wonder how much is it?(I was unable to figure it out on the website)
What other brands/models of drysuits have reinforced/thick/heavy duty trilam?

We can buy 2 USIA's for the price of 1 TLS 350.

The web site is simple. Just go to build a suit, fill in the info and they will get back to you.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom