The most durable drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry guys, I love my DUI TLS 350 Signature series! The only issue I have is my right hand seal was cut a bit too big so I get a little damp on that arm, but not the suits fault...Going to get dryglove installed this week so that should solve it...

The main thing I really like about the Bares, they have the tall and king sizes. This allows most people to get an off the shelf suit that is more like a custom fit. All without the custom fit price. Most of their suits seem reasonably priced. I think I paid about $1000 for my 4mm compressed neoprene suit with polartec 400 weight underwear and some polartec socks. If you look at the right places you can usually find last year models for cheap. Check Scubatoys.com, they bought the company I got mine from.
I'll second that one. I got my Bare XCD Tech for $850 and T-100 undergarment for something like $150 from divetank.com (now scubatoys.com). The fit was great! It was a prior year's model - but who cares, when when saving money is involved. Make sure that if you order on-line, you talk to someone on the phone who knows about sizing and such stuff. The guy I talked to at divetank was really good and I was very happy with the results.

I'll second that one. I got my Bare XCD Tech for $850 and T-100 undergarment for something like $150 from divetank.com (now scubatoys.com). The fit was great! It was a prior year's model - but who cares, when when saving money is involved. Make sure that if you order on-line, you talk to someone on the phone who knows about sizing and such stuff. The guy I talked to at divetank was really good and I was very happy with the results.

That was me also. I got mine from Divetank too. I actually got the wrong size(my fault) and they took it back with out even a question and got me the right one. I have no experience with Scubatoys, but if they do the same, I will be a customer. If you are going to get one of the Bares, I would reccomend you go with the weight measurement first and the height a distant second.

That is how I got the first suit size wrong. I went with height first. Even though mine says its for 6' 3" and I'm 6'4", I still have a little bit of room on the height. YMMV this is just what I experienced. Mark

I have a Whites Legend up here in Alaska and it is a Compressed Neoprene and it is a durable suit that works well for me. When I did a lot of Commercial work my company gave us White's Kodiak Tri lam suits and they were tough as well.

I have been rolled around a bit on very sharp limestone rock here in Okinawa with my EVO 2 and it has held up fine. I dont have any other experience with another drysuit but to me it swims like a brick (but a tough brick) and I would buy it again if necessary.

I don't want to swim like a brick but have durability and maneuverability :)

I saw the post about Whites drysuits and it seemed to me that it affected many people. People were writing about Whites based on that post/referring to that post, but now I am starting to get some real experienced opinions. I was afraid to buy it based just on one advertisement.Thanks.

If you are in Washington State there are a few local manufactures . It is real nice when you can actually drive to the factory if you should need repairs or service . As others have posted , there is a huge difference between trilams and neoprene suits . It is an individual opinion , both are great suits , I like the fact that neoprene floats and provides thermal insulation , even if it is punctured .

I'm surprised so many people are saying trilam here. Wreck diving would rip it to shreds. As far as durability goes the DUI CF200 is defiantly worth a look, they can sure take a beating. Vulcanized rubber might also bee worth considering, due to the fact that they don't "rip" if punctured and can be repaired in about 10 minutes in between dives.

OK,,I am narrowing down to Bare nex-gen,,,,white fusion......Bare CD4 pro 4 mil..all pricing is close,maybe a few extras with one.Not gonna be diving off rocks or anything,just want to be warm,no tech,just rec.Yall have used /own/know something about all of them.could you expand abit for me,Ease,durable,less drag,least problem with air in feet,weight changes,bouncy,ect.I will be diving just for fun,but i want one that will last. I wont be rough on it.I really like the Bare nex-gen.but is it warm enough without putting on lots of underclothes..Coldest will probably not less than 45-50 dees grees...Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom