The Lost is found!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok treasure hunters, here's a no BS'r that came straight from the horse's mouth:

A veteran friend who used to do odd things in odd places had hit it bigger than usual in Vegas. He bought a horse-choking diamond ring for his fiance and, you guessed it, she dumped him. Well, in a fit of unhappiness (to say the least), he wandered in back of the Waikiki Library and heaved that stone off into the Ala Wai canal. Ok, this was a long time ago, about 17 years, and the canal's a toxique dump with mutant teenage ninja turtles, three-eyed fish, Franken-crabs, skin-melting slime, and Godzilla's baby. It's also been recently dredged and so the prospects for finding that ring are almost zero. But consider this as motivation: way back then, that rock was appraised at $10,000. (Like I said, he hit it bigger than usual.) And if you think he was lying about this -- well since then, his name has been prefixed with "Reverend" and, in fact, presided over my wedding. (I like to say that he converted to saving men's lives rather than taking it from them.)

I wonder how many divers will be out in the AlaWai today? Good story - might want to take your video camera down there and tape the fun LOL - hey it might actually be worth something on America's funniest home videos or something . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom