The long winter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Renew my license? And TWIC card?

Oh, wait, you said "sane", not "insane".

Sorry.

The flashing message board at Morehead state port was reminding us all to renew our twics.....I am off to the Keys for a field school for a few days next week.
Mike

My thoughts are since you're going though the process take the time and renew the TWIC too. There is so much drama with the cards I feel it's better to have it.

Do you qualify for the 3 year renewal?

Effective August 30, 2012, TWIC holders who are U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals, and whose TWICs will expire on or before December 31, 2014, have two options to renew their TWIC. They may either replace their expiring TWIC with a 3-year Extended Expiration Date (EED) TWIC or obtain a standard 5-year replacement. All TWIC holders should begin the application process at least 30 days before his or her TWIC expires.

I do qualify for the extended expiration. That seems like the easiest option at this point.

The good news is that since I went through the medical evaluation in 2010 for an change in grade, I don't have to do it for my renewal. Apparentlly you are exempt if it is less than 3 years. That makes things much easier.

James, I have plenty of projects to do on the boat that will keep me occupied. However, they are all being kicked down the dock for now as I had to make a choice of staying on the island or heading up to the va house. Road still blown out and coming and going is no way easy. Getting lots of differed house maintenance done up here. The good weather days that we have occasionally had drive me crazy since I can't take advantage of them. Had willing divers, just no way to get them to the boat...

I spead my winter getting ready for next season. Taking bookings, finding new people to take out. All of the things that you need to do to make a season work. There is always something that needs to be done.

Dave, will they have that road finished by spring? That has got to be frustrating. I decided to haul this winter to take the frustration away of not being able to take advantage of nice days. Now I don't even bother looking at the weather forecast. But I do have a lot of boat projects I am going start on after the 1st.

I went to a holiday party with a bunch of my wife's co-workers last night. It was a bunch of tech saavy corporate weenies. I have been out of that world for too long now and all I could think about was going to sea with my salty friends. And when they asked if I was really a Dive Boat Captain and what was it like, they looked at me as if I was an alien. I love it when people tell you they scuba dive when the only time they did it was a resort course on a cruise in Mexico. One of them actually said "I don't know what the big deal about is."

Spring time come quickly please.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom