The LDS of the future

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which part of "I've been reading through some of his past postings" did you not understand.I've not had the time to go back and read every post he has made.

The "some".

There's been very few I've read that haven't come across as denigrating, jeering, mocking, etc.

Time for mods to close this thread down as no one has made a significant effort to post on the LDS of the Future in ~30 posts...

Y'all cut that out .. . it's just getting interesting. :popcorn:

...of course Jax. As interesting as watching paint dry, rats copulating, etc...:wink:

Reactions: Jax
OK lets get back on track.

A successful LDS of the future won't have anyone named Brendon working for them.

Time for mods to close this thread down as no one has made a significant effort to post on the LDS of the Future in ~30 posts...

Well, let's try to steer this train back onto the rails then.

Someone mentioned vendor machines a bunch of posts ago. The LDS I frequent most often had an idea for setting up an after-hours self-serve fill station that would run off their banks. It would be card-operated ... basically, you swipe a card, punch in the working pressure of your cylinder, select your mix (air or EAN32, since you're running off their banks), and fill your cylinders.

The technology to set something like this up is readily available, and not terribly price-inhibitive. The convenience it offers would allow shops to reduce hours (and therefore overhead) while offering an attractive service to their customers.

My guess is that at some point some LDS is going to try something like this ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Actually the divers on forums are the future of LDS without them there is no LDS.

YES Before forums diver only had a book and other divers telling them about the dive industry.

This is a great example on how an Instructor acts, and when called out what happens.

Jax is right, I never Quote post either, every one gets upset now and then, and that is the same with LDS. diver feels he got screwed and goes to next dive shop been going on for years. Some LDS owners tell them they do not want them to stop by any more. Now use to be in groups where someone touts off and it gets back to dive shop, the forums have cut that out, divers do that on a forum and less of a hit while in a dive shop.

NWG in this theory there has to be a class to get a card which produces $, also the tank needs analyzed so when PP blending it wont explode, you could switch tanks,, so need to bee camera on for liability reasons. and many more things need for this to happen.

Someone mentioned vendor machines a bunch of posts ago. The LDS I frequent most often had an idea for setting up an after-hours self-serve fill station that would run off their banks. It would be card-operated ... basically, you swipe a card, punch in the working pressure of your cylinder, select your mix (air or EAN32, since you're running off their banks), and fill your cylinders.

The technology to set something like this up is readily available, and not terribly price-inhibitive. The convenience it offers would allow shops to reduce hours (and therefore overhead) while offering an attractive service to their customers.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

For this to work, each cylinder will have to be registered with the filling station and given a unique bar code prior to the after-hour fill. The filling station will have to look up the cylinder in a database and make sure it has a valid hydro and vis and also to make sure that the after-hours filler is not asking for a cave fill. The technology is probably available but it's the Pareto Optimum (80/20 rule) problem. 80% of the fills will only require about 20% of the effort to set up but the remaining 20% of the fills will require most of the effort to get right. My guess is that the remaining 20% would be locked out from getting the after-hours filled. It's an interesting problem to work on, however.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I LIKE it!!! Now, how quickly could I patent that . . . . . :work:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom