The latest & greatest? Shinfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
I wonder if you can back up in these?

Not fins......oh no..... leg "flippers".........

Snowbear:
I wonder if you can back up

The reversing model will be in the next DEMA show as ShinFins 1.1

Probably a down-on-the-farm put-up job by Bob Evans... to take the heat off his model.

I bet they twist around on the calf of the leg and render themselves useless . . .

the K

The site (as far as I can tell) doesn't actually endorse them for scuba, but you can apparently snorkel with them. The benefits they list are kinda funny, though, like "don't kick up silt/sand" and "don't kick marine animals." Are those benefits or instructions?

I own a pair of ShinFins... I've had them for about three months... they are actually a great training aid for swimming... I haven't tried them out diving or snorkling but they work really good for giving you some extra kick power and streamlining while swimming freestyle in the pool. You can walk around with them very easily but they will rotate around on your legs, especially if you have a sorry flip turn like mine. Worth trying out if you've got the extra cash lying around...as they are a bit pricy!:11doh:

Back
Top Bottom