THE GREAT DRYSUIT FIN THREAD - attached boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drysuit brand: DUI TLS350 Sig Series
Attached boot style:Turbo sole
Boot size (specify US/UK): shoe size 7.5 womens US, turbo sole size M (using 400g thinsulate booties inside)
Fin model: Mares Quattros
Fin size: Small-Medium
Spring strap brand (if used): Manta
Spring strap size (if used): small with clips

Drysuit brand: Bare Trilam ATR HD
Attached boot style: BARE compression-resistant soft boot
Boot size: XXXL (It's big on my size 12US foot)
Fin model: Scubapro Jetfins
Fin size: XXL
Spring strap brand (if used): DIY
Spring strap size (if used): trimmed from 11"

the vulcanized rubber XXXL boots are too big for me. I've noticed that they have to fold when there's squeeze in the suit, and that's neither comfortable nor desireable. If I don't keep a little squeeze, there's enough air in them to make my feet bouyant.

I'm going to swap them for neoprene socks next season. That'll also give me the option of wearing my Mares XL fins or using rockboots/converse high tops and the jetfins.

Please don't turn off my air for posting on a thread wherein the last reply was more than 47 month(s) ago. :) (FWIW, there wasn't a link to a FAQ on thread #1... and I don't think there'd be enough female sizing given, so I feel its worth sharing in this classic/antique thread)

Drysuit brand: Bare Trliam HD Tech Dry
Attached boot style: cold gear rock boot (?)
Boot size (specify US/UK): 38-39 EURO / 7.5-8 US womens
Fin model: ScubaPro Twin Jet
Fin size: M
Spring strap brand (if used): ScubaPro spring strap M is too large, must use stock straps
Spring strap size (if used): Might try size S spring straps

Yesterday I did my first dives on my Bare HD Tech Dry and the foot cavity for the attached rock boots is definitely unisex fitting... the toe space is cramped and there is way too much air space and my heel was lifted out of the boot significantly. I had a horrible time propelling myself along - cramps, soreness, grr. I might start up a thread for ideas on how to fix this. The problem started with the dive shop only having sixes S-XXL on hand to test out. My foot fit allegedly an XS... though it doesn't fit right.

Drysuit brand: USIA military back zipAttached boot style: Hard sole with healBoot size (specify US/UK): men's 10Fin model: Hollis F1 bat finsFin size: XLSpring strap brand (if used): SpringsBoot fits in fin's pocket comfortably but sometime get a suction when taking them off. Spring strap size (if used):

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom