The funny thing about scuba is...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea. One called Justin and the other called Christian.
The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm fed up with being a prawn; I wish I was a shark, and then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten." A large mysterious cod appeared and said, "Your wish is granted" Lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark.
Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate. Time passed (as it does) and Justin found life as a shark boring and lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realize that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.
While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn. He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and, lo and behold, he found himself turned back into a prawn. With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail. (The punch line does not involve a prawn cocktail - it's much worse).
Looking around the gathering at the reef he realised he couldn't see his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked. "He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark", came the reply.
Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's abode. As he opened the coral gate, memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again." Christian replied, "No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, the enemy, and I'll not be tricked into being your dinner." Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me.
I've changed."......... (You're going to love this...)
"I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again Christian".

:help:

Disclaimer: this post may contain sexual stereotyping. If you are capable of looking past these prior beliefs and/or traditions than you will probably laugh at the joke. For those who may be easily offended, please move along. Thanks.

A dive boat runs into a terrible storm. Rain and wind and huge waves pound the boat. The divers are quiet but really scared. They are sure the boat is going to sink and they are all going to die. At the height of the storm, a young woman jumps up and exclaims: "I can't take this anymore! I can't just sit here and drown like an animal. If I am going to die, let me die feeling like a woman. Is there anyone here man enough to make me feel like a woman?" One of the dive masters stands up – a tall, handsome, muscular man, he smiles and starts to walk up to her. As he approaches her, he takes off his shirt. She sees his huge muscles – already, she is glad for her decision. He stands in front of her, muscles bulging, shirt in hand and says to her: here, Iron this!"

A few members of a local BSAC club went diving off the South coast, amongst them was Jim and Wilma, a husband and wife who always dived together. On the last dive they got separated, Jim surfaced ok, but his wife was nowhere to be seen. They initiated a search but after a long day and night, it was called off and Jim went back home alone and heartbroken.

The next day the club Diving Officer knocked on Jim's front door and said "I’m really sorry Jim, but I’ve got some bad news, some good news and some very good news",

Fearing the worst Jim said "Give it to me straight, what’s the bad news?"

"Well we’ve found your wife’s body" came the solemn reply,

"Oh my God" wept Jim…… after a while he said "well, what’s the good news?"

The dive officer excitedly said "You wouldn’t believe it, when we brought her up, we got 2 large crabs and 3 huge lobsters!!!"

After some time Jim said "what’s the very good new then?"

The dive officer said "Well, we’re going to bring her up again tomorrow morning!"

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea. One called Justin and the other called Christian.
The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm fed up with being a prawn; I wish I was a shark, and then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten." A large mysterious cod appeared and said, "Your wish is granted" Lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark.
Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate. Time passed (as it does) and Justin found life as a shark boring and lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realize that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.
While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn. He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and, lo and behold, he found himself turned back into a prawn. With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail. (The punch line does not involve a prawn cocktail - it's much worse).
Looking around the gathering at the reef he realised he couldn't see his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked. "He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark", came the reply.
Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's abode. As he opened the coral gate, memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again." Christian replied, "No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, the enemy, and I'll not be tricked into being your dinner." Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me.
I've changed."......... (You're going to love this...)
"I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again Christian".
:idk:

Lot of set up but not much punchline

:idk:

Lot of set up but not much punchline

No that would be this...

This is the story of the pink gorilla. There's these two guys. They're both teachers, and they work at the same school. One is an Anthropology teacher. The other is a Historian. They are both given a sabbatical. For those of you who don't know, a sabbatical is a paid vacation for teachers. They are paid to take time off teaching, but they have to do research to better their knowledge, to better their teaching. Got it? Good. So, both teachers are given a sabbatical. And, they're very good friends. So, they decide, on this sabbatical they will travel to far reaches of Africa to do some History research and some Anthropology research (Anthropology is the study of human nature). They decide that's what they're going to do. So, they go running down the stairs in their apartment building. *clop-clop-clop-clop* They get into a taxi-cab. *err...err....err* They get to the airport. They go through security. *beep-beep-beep-beep* And all that stuff, you know? They get on the plane. *woosh* Now they're in Africa. They get off the plane. They get on a little plane. *pt..pt...pt...pt* They fly over this tiny little village. The get off the tiny little plane, and there's this Jeep waiting right there for them - with their name on it. So, they get in the Jeep. *zh-zhoom* And they start driving down the road. They're going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...They're seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. Then, they get to this little pygmy village. So, they get out and ask the pygmies, "What is something just great to see here, where we are?" They say, "Well, our rather hit attraction would be a pink gorilla." "A pink gorilla?! No way! You're totally lying!" The pygmies are like, "No, actually you just go down this road, take a left turn, then turn right into a big cave." So, they get back in the Jeep (which starts right up). *zhoom* So they're going down the road; they're going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...They're seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. They make their left turn. They're still going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...They're seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. They get to this cave! It's got this giant steel door. So they open the steel door. There's this big wooden door. They open the wooden door. There's another wooden door. They open that wooden door. There's this long row of colored doors - orange, purple, pink, chartreuse, salmon, every color you could ever think of. So, they start going through all these doors. They're going open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close. They get through all the doors. There's a big pool of water, and right next to it is some scuba gear. So they put on the scuba gear and dive in. So, they're swimming....swim, swim, swim.....deep water.....swim, swim, swim....very deep water....swim, swim, swim....very, very deep water....Finally, they see another way out, so they swim towards that and get out of the water. They see the pink gorilla! And all it's doing is sitting there, completely still. And so, they're observing the pink gorilla. They're taking pictures of it. They're writing down every move he makes - which isn't very many 'cause all he's doing is sitting there, completely still. It's kinda boring, but hey - it's a pink gorilla! The entire time they're watching the pink gorilla, there's one little thing the pygmies said that keeps flashing through they're mind. "Don't touch the pink gorilla." Now, they're like, "Why can't we touch the pink gorilla? All he's doing is sitting there, completely still." But, the Historian was rather smart. The Anthropologist, on the other hand, was like I wish I could get my hands on this thing. I could make a lot of money! So, the Anthropologist walks up and he's about to touch the pink gorilla. And the other guy grabs his hand and says, "No! You heard what the pygmies said, 'Don't touch the pink gorilla.'" But, the Anthropologist is just like, "What could it do?" The Historian manages to talk him out of touching it, and they keep taking pictures and writing notes about it's behavior - but there aren't very many 'cause all it's doing is sitting there, completely still. Finally, they're ready to leave. They put the scuba gear back on, and get back in the water. So, they're swimming again....swim, swim, swim.....very, very deep water.....swim, swim, swim....very deep water....swim, swim, swim....deep water....Finally, they see original surface, so they swim towards that and get out of the water. They start going through all the colored doors - orange, purple, pink, chartreuse, salmon, every color you could ever think of. So, they start going through all these doors. They're going open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open and close wooden door, open and close second wooden door, open and close steel door. They get in the Jeep, and it starts right up. *zhoom* They're going down the road; they're going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...They're seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. They make their turn. They're still going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...They're seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. They go through the pygmy village. They get to the little airport, get on the little plane. *pt..pt...pt...pt* It takes them to the bigger airport; they get on the bigger plane. *woosh* They get to back to the airport near home. They hail in a cab. They get in the cab. *err...err....err* They go up the stairs in the apartment building. *clop-clop-clop-clop* They're home!

Well, the next semester, the Anthropologist, who is the more gutsy of the two, is awarded another sabbatical. So, in his devious mind he's thinking haha! I'm going to return to Africa, capture the pink gorilla, and make millions of dollars!
So, he goes running down the stairs in the apartment building. *clop-clop-clop-clop* He gets into a taxi-cab. *err...err....err* He gets to the airport. He goes through security. *beep-beep-beep-beep* And all that stuff, you know? He gets on the plane. *woosh* Now he's in Africa. He gets off the plane. He gets on a little plane. *pt..pt...pt...pt* He flies over this tiny little village. He gets off the tiny little plane, and there's this Jeep waiting right there for him - with his name on it. So, he gets in the Jeep. *zh-zhoom* And he starts driving down the road. He's going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. He goes straight past the pygmy village. After all, he already knows where he's going. So he's going down the road; he's going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. He makes the left turn. He's still going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. He gets to the cave! He opens the steel door. He opens the big wooden door. He opens the second wooden door. He goes through all the colored doors - orange, purple, pink, chartreuse, salmon, every color you could ever think of. So, he's going through all these doors. He's going open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close. He gets through all the doors. He puts on the scuba gear and dives into the water. So, he's swimming....swim, swim, swim.....deep water.....swim, swim, swim....very deep water....swim, swim, swim....very, very deep water....He gets out of the water. Okay...I've got to get this thing out of here. So, he reaches out towards the gorilla. The whole time the pygmies' warning is playing in the back of his mind. Don't touch the pink gorilla. He hesitates. And the he touches the pink gorilla! The pink gorilla goes mad. He's like tearing the place apart! The guy screams. So, he throws on the scuba gear and jumps back into the water.....swim, swim, swim.....very, very deep water.....swim, swim, swim....very deep water....swim, swim, swim....deep water....The pink gorilla's swimming behind him! Finally, he gets out of the water. He starts going through all the colored doors - orange, purple, pink, chartreuse, salmon, every color you could ever think of. So, he's going through all these doors. He's going open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close, open and close wooden door, open and close second wooden door, open and close steel door. The pink gorilla is just bashing through all the doors. He jumps in the Jeep, and it starts right up. *zhoom* He's going down the road; he's going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...he's seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. The pink gorilla is just running along right behind him. He makes the turn. The gorilla turns, too. He's still going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...he's seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. The pink gorilla is just running along right behind him. They go through the pygmy village. The pygmies are like, "haha! We told you not to touch it!" He's still going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...he's seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of - including a pink gorilla in the rear-view mirror. The pink gorilla is just running along right behind him. And all of sudden...the car sputters to a stop. So the guy jumps out of the car and starts running. He's going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...he's seeing all sorts of animals - elephants, giraffes, zebras, every kind of animal you could think of. The pink gorilla is running along right behind him going up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down...Finally, the guy collapses. He just can't run any farther. He's just like, "Whatever you do, just kill me quickly." The gorilla walks up to him, reaches down, touches the guy, and says, "Tag! You're it!" and runs off down the road.

Why do divers fall backwards out of the boat?

If they fell forward , they would still be in the damn boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom