The flies might be hitting the Westinghouse at work.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nomaster:
Gary,
I'm sorry, I'd imagined you in a pretty good situation there; then comes the reality bites. I hope you find a way to rectify the situation before your team, or anyone on your team (which is of course the same thing) is damaged.

Tom
We were like a fine Swiss Watch but this Captain has his own ideas. He believes that the only way to manage is by intimidation and fear.

He will flat out tell you that HE will make the decisions ON the spot. They may not be the right one’s but they will be his and he will stick to them.

The LT he brought over with him from the jail will do anything the Capt. Wants but can’t make a decision on his own. What I have been using to describe that team is that if the Capt. Sneezes the Lt. is there with a Kleenex. The Sgt. will be right there with a fresh box should it be needed.

It’s a remake of the A-Team called the A-Hole Team.

The call outs are going to or have already changed. Call comes in, goes to the Capt. Then to the Lt. and Sgt.. IF, they all approve it we can roll under their supervision. Under this system the public can Kiss Rescues Goodbye. Looks like whoever remains will be a recovery team.

Gurrrrrrrrr

Gary D.

Not good my friend. Eventually, all things change. I just hope this situation does so quickly.

Hey Gary, do you know any newspaper reporters or any of the TV "investigative" reporters? Point out how the safety of the public is at risk because the system that has been working has been changed by this new guy who doesn't know anything. It might work, it might not. Just be safe and thanks for the service.

Gary D.:
We were like a fine Swiss Watch but this Captain has his own ideas. He believes that the only way to manage is by intimidation and fear.

He will flat out tell you that HE will make the decisions ON the spot. They may not be the right one’s but they will be his and he will stick to them.

The LT he brought over with him from the jail will do anything the Capt. Wants but can’t make a decision on his own. What I have been using to describe that team is that if the Capt. Sneezes the Lt. is there with a Kleenex. The Sgt. will be right there with a fresh box should it be needed.

It’s a remake of the A-Team called the A-Hole Team.

The call outs are going to or have already changed. Call comes in, goes to the Capt. Then to the Lt. and Sgt.. IF, they all approve it we can roll under their supervision. Under this system the public can Kiss Rescues Goodbye. Looks like whoever remains will be a recovery team.

Gurrrrrrrrr

Gary D.
Gary, this is precisely the sort of bureaucratic obfuscation that creates the frustration that many people on both sides of the blue line feel with law enforcement.
I hope that you can get rid of this insecure creature and his sycophant before your whole community becomes enraged at your team's sudden new inability to act in a timely and pro-active fashion.
Damn!, why do people "fix" things that aren't broken?
In this case -insecurity, I guess.

Tom

I know nothing about PSDing, but I know when I was a lowly Air Force grunt, we were able to 'retrain' micro-managing Colonels. Took a lot of conniving, and quite a bit of time, but eventually the reigns loosened and things went back to the way they had been.

I feel for you, and truly wish you the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom