The Fin Database Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All contributions are welcome!

All that I have measured are in the spreadsheet (2 attachments) on the first post.
I have the following Force Fin variants on hand to measure and add:
XXL Pros
XXL Hockeys
Adjustables

Ok, I'll download that.

Will add Force Pros 3XL and original Scubapro Sea wings (closed heel).

I'm trying to find a spreadsheet I made from the summer with buoyancy characteristics of fins I had access to. Here are XXL jet fin foot pocket dimensions.

Attachments

• IMG_3597.jpg
    IMG_3597.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3593.jpg
    IMG_3593.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3592.jpg
    IMG_3592.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 66
The spread sheet wouldn't copy over. I weighed each fin with a fish scale in a trashcan full of water. Hopefully this helps with data not readily available on the vendor websites.

Brand
Model (all have spring straps) Size Buoyancy Fresh Water 73F in Lbs Weight Color
xDeep EX1 XL -0.62 3.18 Black
Scuba Pro Jet Fin XXL -0.7 3.58 White camo
Tusa Switch L/XL (Atomic spring straps) -0.3 2.3 Black
Mares PowerPlana XXL (highland) -0.92 3.84 Black
Deep 6 Eddy L Neutral 2.34 Orange
Deep 6 Eddy XL Float 2.56 Blue
AL US Divers Rocket Fin Large Neutral 2.64 Black
Apeks RK3 HD Super -0.36 3.22 Grey

Resolution +/- .04 lbs (18.6g)

Thanks for the info folks. Please keep it coming in when you have an opportunity.

I'm hoping to maybe start adding things again on Thursday if the world will just stop spinning quite so fast!

Eyeline of Australia, if you're good enough and have the climate you won't find a better fin

Exquisite comfort

Sizing for a foot, not a sausage

They can even outfit Thorpie the Thorpedo

Do you have an updated version of your spreadsheet ?
Sorry, no. Despite your contribution of the buoyancy figures and some limited bird-dogging of manufacturer specs, there just wasn't enough interest and data to make it comprehensive enough to have value. I was also rather perplexed by a request to not include publicly-observable information on a product line that I love.

Back
Top Bottom