the deeper the noisier!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not quite on topic here, but I have a new Zeagle 50d and ZX second with both the venturi lever and the adjustment knob. I have just one dive on it and right out of the box, on the surface it "honks" on inhale. I can feel the vibration in my mouth. I didn't notice it on the one dive i did with it so it may be nothing. The external adjustments seem to have little effect on it. Wonder if this is a common trait of Zeagle regs?

Many seconds honk on inhale and/or exhale due to vibration of one of the diaphragms. The honking goes away under water because the vibration is dampened by the water.
Some seconds even honk a little underwater.

Many seconds honk on inhale and/or exhale due to vibration of one of the diaphragms. The honking goes away under water because the vibration is dampened by the water.
Some seconds even honk a little underwater.
Ok, thank you. I'm prepping my kit for diving this summer and hooked everything up yesterday and I have no undue noise at all now.

Back
Top Bottom