the death of Marike Jasper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABS

New
Reaction score
I am looking for information about the death of Marike Jasper. Marike lived near Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico. She was certified 3 Star CMAS, PADI Instructor, Full Cave, Extend range, etc. I was one of her Instructors and would like any information. Thanks...

someone named Jesca has taken over Marike's site. have you tried contacting them?

the address i have is cor.jesca@zweijtzer.nl

There's a thread on the deco stop about it. I believe one or more of the posters knew her and might be able to help. If you're not already a member of the site you'll have to register to be able to access the thread but here's a link.

link

MikeFerrara:
There's a thread on the deco stop about it. I believe one or more of the posters knew her and might be able to help. If you're not already a member of the site you'll have to register to be able to access the thread but here's a link.

link
Mike, that link doesn't work even for members (this one anyway); it says I don't have permission to access the page. Any suggestions?

I searched forums using "Marike" but found nothing but an old thread from November.

vodolaz:
Mike, that link doesn't work even for members (this one anyway); it says I don't have permission to access the page. Any suggestions?

I searched forums using "Marike" but found nothing but an old thread from November.

oops sorry. I see the problem. It's in a non-puplic forum. I didn't look at what forum it was in I just searched and posted the link.

ABS and all,

You might try posting a thread like this one over there.

Hi Abs, I live in Tulum and knew Marike, not very well, all i know is that she committed suicide at cenote xunana ha not diving related.

I talked to her just before xmas, she seemed very pissed off about the guy she worked for. She wanted to become a cave instructor and with over 600 cave dives he told her he wouldnt sponsor her, and to go and teach some more open water divers. I know whe was very dissapointed. I dont know if this contributed.

She was a nice lady.

This is very difficult to read, I hope it isn't true.

cancun mark:
I talked to her just before xmas, she seemed very pissed off about the guy she worked for. She wanted to become a cave instructor and with over 600 cave dives he told her he wouldnt sponsor her, and to go and teach some more open water divers. I know whe was very dissapointed. I dont know if this contributed.

She was a nice lady.

You seem to get your impressions very quickly.

I talked to her in late March, and she was very happy, very optimistic about her new job running a recreational dive centre in Akumal.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom