The DC600 - My Worst Mistake Ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a DC600 for Christmas 2006. Battery life sucks. My wife's olympus camera carries the same battery and she gets hours of film time on one charge probably over 200 pics. I do good to get thru 1 dive with any charge left. The battery seems to be undersized for the load that the camera puts on it. Recently I have seen replacement batteries advertized with 1000 mahr rating which would be better than the 750 mahr battery that came with the camera.

Hey, Frank, do you recall where you saw replacement batteries at 1000 mAh that fit in the DC600?

Hey, Frank, do you recall where you saw replacement batteries at 1000 mAh that fit in the DC600?

I got some on ebay for my DC 600. LI-40B/LI-42B for Olympus. The voltage on the ones I got are 3.6 vdc @ 1000 mah and they work fine. I however do not think they gave me much more time that the 650 mah that came with the camera. One of them quit taking a charge after a couple of months so I also think the ones I got were not the best quality.

Do a search on ebay, or the internet, for LI-40B or LI-42B

The Li-40B is 650mAh & the Li-42B is 740mAh which corresponds to the older & newest batteries provided by SeaLife for the DC600.

A lot of the Li-40B/Li-42B batteries on eBay are noted as 850, 1000 & 1100mAh. I found one that said 2000mAh which is impossible in that form factor.

None of the 37 companies I contacted will guarantee that the batteries are indeed 1000mAh. Most of these are all made by one company & they are 650 or 740 mAh.

There are many advertised at 1000mAh, but peeling back the sticker on the battery sometimes reveals the original printing or label that note the real 650 or 740 mAh.

SeaLife tech staff I spoke w/ has said that they've drain tested batteries SeaLife users buy online that are supposed to be 1000 mAh, yet not one has ever been found to be above 740mAh. In the lithium battery world, 3.6 & 3.7 volt mean the same thing.

So it seems Caveat Emptor is the rule here.

If there is a battery out there that someone has found to truly be 1000mAh, I'd like to know where it can be purchased.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom