The Curse of Digitial Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsafanda:
Getting your dive buddy involved is a goo strategy for still photography as well. IMO. I try to get my dive buddies involved by having them keep an extra eye out for specific subject matter. Before entering the water tell them what you're looking for and then it becomes a team effort and you've got an extra pair of eyes working for you. I saw this nudibranch numerous times on the sandy bottom but it was my buddy that found one with a nice red background.

nudibranch.jpg

Beautiful shot of hermissenda crassicornis ... one of my favorite nudi's. Didn't realize they were found as far south as California.

Personally I would much rather be the critter finder and let someone who knows the correct end of a camera do the photography ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

group diving? what's that then? :D
i found the way around the curse was to get my buddy (my other half) a digital camera of her own. we both now just get on with it checking on each other every now and again. failing that, dive solo. my other buddy, mike amra, is very understanding. :crossbone

Great Hermissenda!

I'm reviewing my shots from this last weekend, but I think I *finally* got some good shots of those little suckers after working out my strobe positioning/supermacro mode issues. Also got some great clown nudibranchs. They were crawling all over the metridium fields this weekend.

I don't *think* I was driving either of my buddies crazy this time. Frank had a camera, and we had good vis, and Dan was helping me find stuff and lighting up some stuff with his light.

Found a good same ocean arrangement with hunters one time though. They parked the boat at the edge of a reef so you had lots of rock formations on one side, which gave way to a flat sandy bottom, so I stayed up in the rocks while they hunted halibut on the sand flats.

I do enjoy the increased air consumption since I started photography though. Best dive so far on an 80 was 1:17!

Back
Top Bottom