The Common goal of Diving is to have Fun!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLDVR

Contributor
Reaction score
The title says it all, thats what I initially learned way back when I took the Fundamentals course, It was the same in Tech.

So in that spirit, my dive this weekend was a Blast! No we didnt dive in Choclate milk like some or in perfect vis either but we did a nice wreck and made it another dive to remember.
We had a three man team T-1 and above, good training and experience. It all added up like it was supposed to----- FUN:D

To cap it off we did a shallow reef with no current, Fins up and enjoying our own personal aquarium for a short period of time.
The local fish life really liked our floating hover and obliged us with many close swim bys, we were part of their world!
Of course all of this happened because I forgot to bring my camera! Next week they'll go back to being shy:14:
Henry

The title says it all, thats what I initially learned way back when I took the Fundamentals course, It was the same in Tech.

Same here ... after diving a half-dozen T2 dives in a row over the past couple weeks, my instructor and I decided to go do a nice, simple T1 dive to visit a plane at about 140 ffw. It was a nice wreck, sitting nose down in the bottom. Nice, simple dive plan ... 25 minutes bottom time, ratio deco schedule, 53 minutes total run time.

But the thing that struck me most about the dive is how routine it seemed. Things that had me seriously task-loaded less than a year ago just seem so easy now.

Yeah, that's my idea of fun (and progress) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I did a dive last week with a new buddy. As usual, the two of us went through a dive plan and pre-dive checks and went down and executed a lovely dive. No surprises. We had a ton of fun, found a bunch of cool critters, laughed at and with each other, and there were no false notes. The ability to get in the water with someone new and have the dive come off as though you've been teammates forever is one of the coolest things about the way I'm trained, in my opinion.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom