The Cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt Bowen:
They are monsters, they dont need to breath

So thats how women do better on air consumption then men.

just kidding.... :wink:

The movie is going to be worth seeing just for the u/w footage. The beauty shots were filmed in Mexico while the other u/w shots were done on set in Romania. And I'll echo what Curt said...this is Hollywood, folks, not a documentary. For pete's sake, just go eat some over priced popcorn and have a fun night out!

Swear ta God, that one Mutant Vampire Blood Sucker Thingy looks just like my ex mother-in-law. Still causes me to shudder....huhuhuhuh!

the trailer showed the divers doing a frog kick with split fins, they keep their clear skirted masks on their foreheads when they are above water, and visibility is amazing, and the ambient light in those caves, gotta love it.

The Kraken:
Oh, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!

I'll lay you 10:1 odds that one of the "rescue team" is a 46-DDD.

:(

My god you people are hyper-critical of a hollywood movie that probably had no real cave diver advisors :wink: ..... I will admit it looks kinda funny with all of these flaws, but I will still most likely go see it from the info I got on the movie... the diving scenes are supposed to be pretty cool (at least photography wise)....

I have to admit the lexus commercial kinda cracked me up.... now if only in the movie they show the divers dragging their knees on the bottom.... or doing fin pivots.. haha

Stryker:
I will still most likely go see it from the info I got on the movie... the diving scenes are supposed to be pretty cool

oh tell the truth... You just want to see if those rescue divers really are 46DD :rofl:
j/k

MissyP:
oh tell the truth... You just want to see if those rescue divers really are 46DD :rofl:
j/k

So that's what SMB stands for! Surface Marker Boobies

I thought the trailer looked pretty good. I managed a movie theatre for almost 10 years, so I'm extremely picky about my movies heh. I think it would be a semi-decent jump at you scary flick with enough diving shots to keep it interesting. We'll see.

Stryker:
hyper-critical of a hollywood movie that probably had no real cave diver advisors ... the diving scenes are supposed to be pretty cool (at least photography wise)....

The photography is pretty cool because it was done by their cave diver advisors... Wes Skiles and the Karst Productions team.

The dude who wrote the article for Advanced Diver talked about how the movie production team got the gear (presumably -- this is my presumption -- they got whatever they could for cheapest or from whatever manufacturer said, "sure you can use our gear for free, but you have to use what we send you."). He also writes how frustrating it was trying to frog kick around the set in split fins... but whatever, they were making a movie and making movies is cool.

And yes, the cave is just a set. The beauty shots were all done in mexico, but most of the filming was done in a big, flooded, ceramic cave.

I am a caver, and a cave diver, and I am looking forward to the movie, and I do keep in mind this is hollywood, I expect a level of lameness.

GriGri's are the worst creation known to man, nasty things that I would like to see them all melted down, very bad for the climbing industry, I'd like to see the DIR guys get a hold of a GriGri and rip it a new one.

and I too noticed the splits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom