The Cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafire

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I watched The Cave last night with my dive buddies simply because I saw on the Dive Rite website (that rhymed) that their rebreathers were featured in the movie. How about the dive sequences in the movie were amazing. Oh and the commentary in the special features was cool as crap. The guy who was in charge of filming the dives was amazing. He told of how he dove in Ginnie Springs (I love that dive) and how he found three brothers who got lost in the cave. They died holding hands (very moving story). Then it shows him diving inside an iceberg and going down to the bottom of it and coming out on the other side! Amazing! I truly gained a respect for cave diving with that movie. It was ok as far as story goes but the diving aspect was great. Just thought I would share. You should definately pick it up for a rental.

The rebreathers used in "The Cave" were InnerSpace Systems Corp's Megalodon. There were nine custom made Megs used in the movie (they had smaller canisters). The rebreathers were not made by Dive Rite...

The Dive Rite branded product used in the movie were Arrow scooters made by Farallon USA.

Vie:
The rebreathers used in "The Cave" were InnerSpace Systems Corp's Megalodon. There were nine custom made Megs used in the movie (they had smaller canisters). The rebreathers were not made by Dive Rite...

The Dive Rite branded product used in the movie were Arrow scooters made by Farallon USA.

I stand corrected.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom