The blackhole that is Oceanic service...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This just in, my LDC won't give me the service number for my Atom2. They said that they do a 100grand of business with Oceanic and they will handle it for me. I guess i shouldn't be surprised by any of this nonsense... I doubt i shall see my computer ever again.

I'd be willing to bet that they don't have one for it cause they did not request one! PM Doug and let him know what you are dealing with. It's shops like that what give good retailers a bad name!

This doesn't sound like an Oceanic problem at all. In the second post they gave you a number to call. Why is it that you aren't doing that? This thread is unfair to Oceanic (or rather the thread title).

I don't like the battery compartment design in Oceanic (and many other computers). I had two computers fail just days apart after changing the battery. One was just out of warranty and the other was a year out of warranty. I posted on SB just trying to find a brand of computer to purchase next that had a better battery compartment design. A rep from Oceanic told me to send the units in with his name and I got two new or repaired computers back shortly...no charge.

You apparently haven't even talked to them?

Anybody have the email for oceanic? I have a similar problem with oceanic Mexico but it has been 8 months and they have sent me back peices of other peoples computers instead of my own.Very strange:confused:

I must say, I had some weird things going with Oceanic Germany(wished they died)
But all things I handeld with Doug where handeled allmost overnight.

So just call or pm him.

All is well that ends well. The computer will be here Thursday. Thank you to all of you that had useful input.

You are quite welcome, Master Diver.

Back
Top Bottom