The blackhole that is Oceanic service...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nmbonfire

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's been a few months now, and after having my Atom2 suffer a hard restart in Belize after trying to go into log mode, oceanic still will not tell me what went wrong and to date has not sent me the refurbished model that they said they would. Is it just because these computer and dive gear producers are operating in a niche market that they feel they can jerk us around? I am getting tired of waiting, if anybody has been able to light a fire under Oceanic; short of lawyering up, do let me know.

And if you are a rep from oceanic, feel free to contact me directly so we can clear this up, but be assured as a trained Master diver, I'm not holding my breath...

I think you'll find that most customers experience quite the opposite when it comes to our customer service. Please give Ron or Mark in our Customer Service Dept. a call at 800-435-3483 - they'll be happy to help. If you need further assistance, feel free to PM or email me.

I will call on Monday after i get the service number from the dive shop, sorry but they are closed now.

Oceanic service is definitely not a "black hole", and you do them an injustice by saying such.

I have ALWAYS received prompt service and response from Oceanic. Very easy to reach too. Have you been dealing with your dive shop? If so, that is your problem.

Well, Doug and the rest of the staff at Oceanic must be quivering in their boots at the OP's revelation that he is a trained Master diver. I must admit, it does sound a lot more impressive than baiter.

Missed that. Yes, Albuquerque is the epicenter of diving activity within the USA. :wink:

I've had three occasions to deal with Oceanic's service department, and have always had good results. Sorry to hear yours has been different.

As to them not telling you what went wrong with your specific computer ... as I understand it, as dead computers arrive, they are essentially tossed in the "dead" pile if they require repair/refurbishment, and you are issued one out of the "refurbished" pile. Your specific computer may not even be handled for refurbishment until some time long after you have received your replacement, and at that point your old one is really no onger connected to you. That's how it was explained to me, by them.

And I agree with the earlier post that says dealing with Oceanic directly is the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom