The Best Small Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Underwater Kinetics UK 300 that I use as a backup light. It uses 3 C cells and fits well on the right shoulder strap where it is fairly low profile and streamlined if you remove the really useless clip on it.

It has a brighter and more consistent beam in my opinion than the similar sized Pelican Saber Light, (which also has a useless clip you need to remove before it snags something.) and cost is about the same at around $30 US.

I also have an Underwater Kinetics Q40 which is a backup to the backup light and rides in the pouch in front. It is small but has a very bright and useful beam and would make a good daylight for the average diver wanting a light that would fit in a BC pocket. Cost is around $25-30 US.

I use the Kinetics Sunlight SL6 which uses 6 c batteries and produces and excellent beam. I's also small enought to tuck away in the BC pocket.

I have a Princeton Tec Surge, but it flooded like my other Princeton light. Switched to the Ikelite PCa and love it. IMO it's brighter than the Surge, and still works, which is a plus.

As far as the UK 2L, I thought lithium batteries weren't recommended for diving; something about exploding when exposed to sea water? Don't know for sure, though.

Custom Divers makes a (relatively) small HID handheld.

http://www.customdivers.com/hid_hand_held.html

Back
Top Bottom