The Best Dounut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murph-diver

Registered
Reaction score
Having gone thru 2 BCD's in the last few years I have come to the conclusion that a BP set up with a single tank wing is the only way to go. (I know...I know...I was always a slow learner). The backplate and harness are easy to get, but who makes ther best single tank wing? The choice appears to be (in no particular order) OMS, Halcyon, Oxycheq or Agir-Brook. Everyone swears "the one I bought is the best", but has anyone actually dived two or more STW's and found one to be better? Any comments welcome.

I thought this thread was going to be about Krispy Kremes vs Dunkin Donuts.
*pout*

Oh come on. There's no comparison! One is obviously better than the others. I've tried them all, trust me.

Krispy Kreme is it.

?? After reading all the hype about Krispy Kreme and their stocks splitting twice in 2 years, I was all excited about finally being able to try them when going on a trip to PA.

Well, after 3 different types- I have to say that I dont think their any better than Dunkin Donuts............

Glad I didnt dump any money into the stocks as I only invest in things I have tried and am impressed with. But, you cant deny their explosive growth............I wonder how Dunkin Donuts will fare in the next 3 years?

Krispy Kreme, cream filled, chocolate iced.

Hey, this is not really even a hijack as he did ask about donuts. :D

I'm with you, mikswi. I prefer Dunkin Donuts, but I grew up on the Jersey Shore and nothing, and I mean nothing, beats the donuts you get at the bakeries down there. One bite, and you won't ever look at a Krispy Kreme donut the same again.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Murph...... er, diver. :11:

SueMermaid:
I'm with you, mikswi. I prefer Dunkin Donuts, but I grew up on the Jersey Shore and nothing, and I mean nothing, beats the donuts you get at the bakeries down there. One bite, and you won't ever look at a Krispy Kreme donut the same again.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Murph...... er, diver. :11:

My father was a baker up until I was about 9. I have some fond memories of going to work with him and watching the cakes,donuts,breads ect being made. He got out and started building houses in the late 70's when the bakeries started using mixes (just add water) because he saw the end coming. Back then he was making $525.00 a week. An insane amount of money at that time but, it was a skill/knowledge few had.

I used to smile at the "Time to make the Donuts" commercial from Dunkin Donuts because all they did was add water, mix it, fry it then toss some sprinkles on em and call it a day. The knowledge of Baking and the REASON for certain ingrediants had been replaced by pre-mixed 100#bags in the name of Commercialization.

So, yes, I agree that only the small mom N pop places have the best donuts.

MMMMMM.........Dooonnuts........(Homer Simpson)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom