The Benefits Of DIR for the Non-Technical Diver, Rye, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski

Contributor
Reaction score
All are welcome to attend GUE Instructor - Bob Sherwood's presentation about DIR on April 14th (2004) at 8:00PM.

at the

Whitby Castle
at the Rye Golf Club
330 Boston Post Road, Rye NY
(914) 777-2053

This presentation is free and is hosted by The Scuba Sports Club (TSSC)

Directions:

From I-287 (Cross-Westchester Expressway)

Get off at exit 11. Stay in the right lane and at the end of the ramp, turn right onto Route 1 south (Boston Post Road). Stay on Route 1 for approximately 2.7 miles, going through 8 sets of lights. The Rye Golf Club and Whitby Castle are on your left. Turn into the Golf Club driveway and Whitby Castle is straight ahead.

From I-95 (New England Thruway)

Get off at exit 19, Rye/Playland. Immediately take the first exit to the right, signed Rye/Mamaroneck/Harrison. At the first stop sign go left toward Rye/Mamaroneck. At the next stop sign turn right on North Street, following signs for Mamaroneck and Route 1 south. After .3 mile you will merge onto Route 1. Follow it for .7 mile. Turn left into the entrance of the Rye Golf Club. Whitby Castle is straight ahead.

From the Hutchinson River Parkway

Take exit 23 onto Mamaroneck Avenue in the direction of Mamaroneck. Just after the slow-down lights (approx. 1 mile), go straight onto the onramp for Route I-95. Stay left for I-95 North. Follow as above.

Vadim- Thanks for posting this. I am trying to get out of work early to make it. Any of you LI guys want to drive out together??

I'm at work at least until five. I'd need to run home and feed/let out the dogs as Jen has school right after work.

Is there a park and ride or something near the LIE where I could pick you up on my way out there?

I am not sure I think there may be one off of Northern Blvd and Cross Island Pkwy but I do not know. By then I will figure something out and we can carpool. I am not sure where you and Jen live, but it may be easy to meet furthur out east from where I live a little close to you.

I'd be hitting the LIE at exit 58 about 5:45 and heading west. If you're in Nassau, I'm pretty sure the's a park and ride at route 110 (exit 49). Could you meet me there around 6-6:15???

By the way, if you can come early, you can grab a bite to eat and check out the Castle,.. it is quite nice. There is also a bar, so you can grab a beer while you're at the meeting. it's nice!

Vadim- If we get on the road by 6, we should be there by 7-7:30. That should give us time to hang out and look around. PM me your cell # and I'll call you when we hit the parking lot......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom