The Authorities Took My Salvage –AGAIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
It's a vintage cigarette lighter weathered to an attractive patina. He's going straight to eBay with this bling (although he can prtobably get more for that fresh lid... What is that, SPF 50? :wink: )

BTW - I have no idea what that popcorn popper thing is in his left hand.

PADI specialty #97 - the OD cert. Very nice.

Ken

Funny you should ask, yes my lid is rated at SPF 50. It may look silly but it works! So does the land mine and grenade. No land mines in Hawaii, thats what I was told. Should seen the bang when I blew it up! Six pounds of flake TNT :D

If it looks like a pipe, ball or bullet, LEAVE IT ALONE and call 911.

PS yes those are bodies, diging up another land mine.

Diving in Saipan, you occasionally find something that should have gone boom 60 years ago...

Rick Inman:
Gee, thanks...

I'm sure it wasn't involved in a crime. After all, it was wrapped in a towel and tossed into the bottom of the lake. :wink:
I will put in a request for it, and if I get it, I'll sell it on Al Queda-Bay.

Maybe if you ask nice you can get the towel...

The head of the MA State Police dive team spoke at MWDC a little while back. He was telling a story about a gun search they did out in Boston Harbor. They didn't find the gun they were looking for, but they found 12 others. :wink:

There’s actually quite a bit of info you can get from a gun even after its been in the water.

Latent prints etc. Exact location can be a useful piece of information, amount of sediment/algae can all be part of the puzzle. Of course, someone’s gotta care, if your local cop shop doesn’t know/care about underwater crime scene investigation it doesn’t matter what you do with the gun. All in all it’s best to give them the benefit of the doubt, leave it alone, mark the location (run a line from something nearby) and let them deal with it.

Dive Rescue International has an excellent course on underwater investigations.

Sweet find by the way! If the local Sherrif has a dive team maybe they could use a good bloodhound...

A dive buddy and I found a .38 revolver in Lake Travis many years ago (early 1980s). It was loaded, so we turned it over to the Austin Police. They were going to clean it up and fire it for comparison tests. If nothing showed up they would give it back to us. Never heard back from APD however.

A 9mm semi-auto washed up in front of my lifeguard tower one day. Serial numbers filed off and everything...

The info on the gun has gone out nationwide.

Seems unlikely that it wasn't involved in a violent crime. The towel has been sent to the lab for blood typing.

Hey Rick, did ya wash up real good afterwards. We are betting the blood is from a mammal, two legged one.

Gary D.

is it likely you'll be able to get DNA out of the blood?

(this is starting to get almost as good as an episode of CSI...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom