The Atom 2.0 - Oceanics High End Nightmare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I would expect the spare batteries that come with the Atom to be as bad as the ones in the unit.

I don't know how aware Oceanic is about the battery problems. The problems seem to have cropped up in the last month or two.

I'm not sure who the battery manufacturer is. I know the PP2 battery replacement kits at my LDS have Duracell batteries in them, but I haven't looked at my spare Atom battery or seen a kit for them.

It sucks about the dealer you purchased your unit from. I'd be pretty damn unhappy with them for losing your LE unit. But I don't doubt that Oceanic will do everything they can to make you happy. They have fantastic customer service.

I broke my PP2 on a dive back in January. I took a dive ladder to the ribs. My PP2 took the brunt of the impact but I still broke 3 ribs. I had my LDS ship it back to Oceanic for repair fully expecting to have to pay quite a bit -- but Oceanic just sent me another computer at no charge.

I hope you get this resolved quickly. I know how fleeting good viz can be! Enjoy your diving!

I bought one of these units in June of this year and my experience was quite the other side of the spectrum. I enjoyed this computer very much, but I must admit it takes awhile to read and figure out how this works...

Now the reason for my post.....I noticed where he said the watch face would go blank. Not sure if this could be the cause but while sitting on the boat in South Africa I noticed something downright bizzare and anyone with a 2.0 could try this and see if their outcome is the same.

I was wearing my sunglasses and looked down at the watch display it was fine, then I tilted my wrist to the left or right and I'll be dammed the display goes blank. Here is the catch it only appears blank when I tilt it while wearing my sunglasses. It's weird but 100% true.

Now to my question...I guess it would be an issue with my sunglasses but it took me awhile to true my eyes because of what i was seeing. Has this happened to anyone else?

Try it and let me know I know this may not be dudes issue, but i did find it weird

Are your sunglasses polarised by any chance? Polarised sunglasses will affect most watch displays.

I don't think that specific defect will cause Oceanic sleepless nights!

Yea, polarized lenses are cool that way. When I look at my windows in my car with them, they have all kinds of patterns running through the tint. With normal lenses... None! It's just the way the polarizing lenses block the light from different angles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom