The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had this one done last week. I saw this critter while in Roatan and liked it.

Attachments

• IMG_1269.jpg
    IMG_1269.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,743
Yep, nicely done.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
It was my very first tattoo. It 1998. I started late.... I took a picture of my brindle Great Dane in that crouched pose and some dragon's wingspans and told the artist that I wanted a mix. This is what came out. I love it.

And you know, once you get inked..... more followed.... I wil pm you later. You must share in kind, you know.

I will snap some pics of my ink this weekend and send them to you. None of mine are in naughty spots so you should be able to see them all. I will post the dive tat on this thread as well.

Being that tattoos are akin to crack, I found myself back in the chair again last Friday.

Not exactly original, and probably has been done a million times, but I liked it so I had it put to ink. It's not the best photo, but you will get the idea.

BTW~ For those of you either contemplating getting a tattoo or adding to your collection:

My last two tattoos were laid down using a pneumatic tattoo machine (v.s. the traditional electrical machine). I found that the pneumatic machine causes significantly less pain, doesn't "leak" as much ink during the first few days after, and seems to heal better. However, this may in part be due to the artist's technique.

According to my artist, the pneumatic machines lay down better lines and traumatizes the skin less because the machine doesn't yank the needle back and forth.

Attachments

• Frog2.jpg
    Frog2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3,122
Last edited:
I was hoping that someone would post up some more photos of dive flags! I've got another tattoo scheduled in a few weeks but wasn't sure how to do the white stripe in the flag.

I like how your flag is blowing in the wind!

Believe it or not, I got another tattoo last week. This *should* be my last one...LOL

Not the best photo, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tattoo.jpg
    Tattoo.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,510
Planning on going to Hawaii (Maui) in February, and would love to come home with my first tattoo. Anyone know a good shop in the Lahaina area? If there is one further away, I would be willing to travel a little. One that I can contact via e-mail would be great, then maybe I can get a few ideas from the artist before I get down there.

I just finished us a sketchout of my next tattoo ( I have two already), and it'll be my first SCUBA realted one. All have a common element (Maple Leaves) and this one will be quite cool as long as I can get the green light from my Buddy. Maybe she'll get it too, as she's looking for her third as well!

Here's the idea...
Red maple leaf with a diver down slash through the centre, and blue bubbles rising in the background. Simple, but I think it says quite a bit, and keeps with my theme!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom