Info “The Aging Diver” Seminar with Dr Doug Ebersole (13 Jan 22)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several years ago Alert Diver magazine published an article on the aging diver, and it was not very helpful at all. I think the interest shown her should indicate that DOug or someone else of that caliber should publish a solid article on this topic.

Several years ago Alert Diver magazine published an article on the aging diver, and it was not very helpful at all. I think the interest shown her should indicate that DOug or someone else of that caliber should publish a solid article on this topic.
From my anecdotal observation, I think there are two types of "aging" divers. Those who take care of themselves and those who don't. The first group notes their decline and don't push it, eats the correct food, gets exercise, doesn't smoke and drinks in moderation. The second group is a heart attack waiting to happen.

Then there are the medical issues which I'm guessing that Doug will discuss.

From my anecdotal observation, I think there are two types of "aging" divers. Those who take care of themselves and those who don't. The first group notes their decline and don't push it, eats the correct food, gets exercise, doesn't smoke and drinks in moderation. The second group is a heart attack waiting to happen.

Then there are the medical issues which I'm guessing that Doug will discuss.
In my area, there were the two Jeffs, Meg divers, every weekend at least 300 feet for 5 hour dives. Leon told them "You use those machines what they were designed for". Both in their early 60s, always exercising. It only stopped when one Jeff moved to Idaho.

If you take really good care of yourself, I believe you can compensate for increased risk of DCS due to age.

Folks, I’ve reached out to Off the Wall Adventures to build the meeting so that I can send you the meeting data.

My goal is to provide it to you tomorrow (Wednesday, 12 January 2022) so that we’re not scrambling at the last second.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom