Info “The Aging Diver” Seminar with Dr Doug Ebersole (13 Jan 22)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks, good news.

Off the Wall Adventures will provide a virtual broadcast of @Dr. Doug Ebersole ’s seminar.

I will get dial in data on Monday, 10 January and provide it to participants by DM.

I’m tracking the following tentative participants so far:

1) @Divin'Papaw
2) @tursiops
3) @scubadada
4) @Wookie

If you’d like to attend, please chime in here in this thread and I’ll update the virtual roster.

Fro my perspective, I think the information will be useful for younger dive instructors dealing with older students, those of us approaching senior years and those of you already arrived.
Please add me to the list.

I'd love to attend this too but I'll be traveling.

Other than a diminished ability to shed nitrogen and the resultant need to follow increasingly more conservative ND limits, I'm not sure what problems aging may present that are specific to diving . Occasional balance problems, a tendency to fatigue, less tolerance for cold, etc., are things that are obvious and affect all aspects of life. I'm 79 and the biggest issue I have is carrying a tank while clambering over the boulders that line local inlets and jetties.

@agilis - you set a great example above.

I encourage folks to think of their own physiological changes and corresponding adaptations and develop a succinctly worded contribution in the event we have time to call on folks.

While it’s self-evident that @Dr. Doug Ebersole will have a breadth of knowledge to share, he may be interested opening up the floor for interactive dialogue (after his presentation) to bring out useful experiences from across the team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom