The 3rd group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The 3rd Group

Last week I posted about two types of divers mind set in seeking the Force Fin experience. One type is the diver looking for the new experience and the other is the diver who will try someone else's Force Fin only when in a comfortable and safe environment. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/force-fin/235539-i-look-different.html

Another group to mention is those who seek to wear Force Fins out of necessity. This group is huge in numbers and is very special to Force Fin because some can only independently and comfortably move themselves in the water wearing Force Fins. These are divers who have suffered an injury to their feet, ankles, knees, hips or backs, or otherwise have impaired kick strength.

After last week’s post I received a comment from a scubaboard member sharing their experience:

SCUBABOARD May 28th 2008
Okay, I did it..... I saw my buddy in his funny lil force fins, and I just love new toys. He knows this and was prepared for me to completely take them away from him for two dives. He had to use my twin jets.... I loved his fins. So much that I went home and ordered a pair from Bob's site Force Fin swim fins It has been almost two weeks and I am watching the mail. I live in Kuwait, so it takes a while to get things usually.

It never occurred to me that I was always in pain... I shattered my left ankle (still have bone fragments floating and a detached ligament), and I have no cartilage in either knee (gymnastics..), but I have a high pain threshold and just suck it up. I always have, no big deal. Until I realized that, when I used the force fins, I didn't have nearly the usual ongoing pain. Wow. Who knew this was supposed to be like this? Way cool....

I also have a friend who had to have her leg amputated below the knee. She is heartbroken because she can't find any fins that work. She does not have the money to burn on specialty fin prosthesis. I wonder if the force fin would help her? She could attach it to her prosthetic foot.... but will her movement be okay? Something to think about...

Zen
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/zendiver.3d.html

I immediately thought of the countless calls and emails that come to Force Fin inquiring about a fin that won’t hurt them! We, at Force Fin can not know the nature of, or offer a solution for every injury or cause of impaired kick strength. It is up to each diver to consult with their physician before using any fin, and by all means, if the injury is exacerbated or you otherwise feel pain using Force Fins, please discontinue use. We leave the specific treatment of your injury up to you and your physician, but we can say that many a water enthusiast has contacted us proud of their accomplishments.

rosebowl_swimmer.jpg

Why Force Fins? Other fins do virtually nothing for you on the upstroke, other than require you to work. Force Fin’s patented curved shape, subtle structure within the blade, and high rebound polyurethane used in manufacture combine to quickly snap up, and provide thrust in response to your downward kick or undulating motion. Other fins require you to kick up and down. Force Fins only require you to activate the blade by forcing it down. It does not matter if you kick with the power of your quadriceps, or undulate from your core, if the Force Fin blade bends, it will rebound and provide thrust for you. Those with powerful kicks, get higher efficiency from this combination. Those without leg strength get propulsion without a requirement of kicking at all. The Truth About Dive Fins

You all know I call it a “Smart Fin”. Combine these unique and patented blade dynamics with an open-toe foot pocket that frees toes and feet to move as if walking, and forces your leg to power from its strongest kicking muscles, your quadriceps. In my opinion, there is no other choice for a diver recovering from surgery or an injury that impairs their kick strength. Just look at the Force Fin. It says, “I can help you!”

The fin shape mimics nature and the hydrodynamic limitations of the human body. Did anybody say caudal fin of the Tuna, with a curve? Force Fins work for you on the power stroke and recovery. The big difference is with Force Fins you do no work on the recovery or up stroke.

And if by chance, the Pro or Original are a little more than you can handle, “jiggly wigglies” can be made to order.
Press Release: Force Fins Help Disabled Diver

The mission statement of Bob Evans Designs, Inc., the corporate entity behind Force Fin is to reflect Bob Evans’ vision to help people feel as free in the water as those that inhabit it. This is just another way in which his vision is fulfilled.

Dive Safe Dive Smart

Back
Top Bottom