The 1st SB Phil. Paradise Divers Dive-O-Rama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
ummm... anyone of you have a large BC and reg set i can borrow or rent for the dive-o-rama?

Jag

i had a reg but it got sold. i have an extra halcyon wing but youl need a harness and backplate for that. why not rent from nautilus? i can hook you up if you want

don't you need special training to use the bp/w setup?

nautilus or sworld or my home "school" are options... even the resort pero might be hassle free-er kasi if it's someone here...

thanks though =)

Jag

shugar:
don't you need special training to use the bp/w setup?

nautilus or sworld or my home "school" are options... even the resort pero might be hassle free-er kasi if it's someone here...

thanks though =)

Jag

maybe paolo can help since hes the portulano guy:) anyway no special training for the backplate. been using it since dive #1 and even my pool dives. i have no idea how a jacket type feels:)

can't wait to meet up with you... i've been curious about this whole tech thing and with your stuff i'll finally have a chance to really see it up close (and set up) and used in the water...

nice to know i still learn something new everyday...

Jag

shugar:
can't wait to meet up with you... i've been curious about this whole tech thing and with your stuff i'll finally have a chance to really see it up close (and set up) and used in the water...

nice to know i still learn something new everyday...

Jag

there is nothing tech about my gear. ever piece of gear i own is normal recreational stuff. i even consider my backplate recreational. the only thing that would be tech is the longhose.

rent at Divers Point. Wilson St., San Juan cor. P. Guevarra.

Portulano would be busy on the 24th, kaya baka maubusan ng size dun.

shugar:
ok... now i'm a tad confused...

so what is "tech" and what is "not tech"?

Jag

many people have diff interpretations. lets just say that once you go beyond the recreational limits of 130ft you are in the realm of the tech diver. also if you have overhead environments caves and wrecks you are in the realm of the tech diver. usually the tech diver will use twin tanks with tri mixes and deco/stage bottles. other than that the equipment is basically the same.

Back
Top Bottom