Thanksgiving weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wkndbum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone planning to dive Table Rock or Beaver for Nov 23 - Nov 26?

Terry

Terry, I might be diving there around that time frame. Got to check a few things first to see if I have any obligations that weekend. If not I'm diving there.

Hey Terry, how's it going? I would love to go if it were earlier in the year but I'm afraid it might be a little too cold for me since I don't have a drysuit, with my extended family I will be doing the turkey thing all weekend anyway! What is the water temp there now anyway, have you heard?

Tabasco1955:
Hey Terry, how's it going? What is the water temp there now anyway, have you heard?

Mike,

I would imagine it's in the lower 50's down that way. I'd head down that way if anyone was going to dive for a couple days but too far for me to drive for just a one day deal.

We're headed to a sandpit Sat for a couple dives by Kearney, NE, water temp probably lower 40's.

later,
Terry

Yeah, looks like things come up for me on Turkey day weekend. I'll probably dive a local quarry to get wet after I eat but that's about all I'll get in.

I bet the lake temps are now in the upper 40's so drysuits are a nice thing to have now.

Wow, I don't have a dry suit but I might be able to do a shalow dive. I will be in springfield that weekend. Or atleast Thursday and Friday. I could alwayse bring my gear.

Wkndbum:
Mike,

We're headed to a sandpit Sat for a couple dives by Kearney, NE, water temp probably lower 40's.

later,
Terry

Terry,

What was the water temp and water level of the sandpit? We've been diving there several times in the summer, but never this late in the year. Just curious.

Scubagal:
Terry,

What was the water temp and water level of the sandpit? We've been diving there several times in the summer, but never this late in the year. Just curious.

43 degrees. Vis was only 5' to 7', not nearly as good as it was about 3 weeks ago.

We were not @ Sandy Channel but I'm guessing the temp is about the same there.

I gave up on the idea of a Thanksgiving week end dive down South but would do a
dive @ the Atlantic Quarry Fri or Sat if anyone is interested. Anybody?

Terry

Back
Top Bottom