Thanksgiving in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alfred E, Cat, Diverlady, MWC, jrtonkin, Freefloat and I joined up in Brockville this morning then headed off to do a combined Lock 28 drift / visit the Connie dive.

After we got the vehicles at the two ends, we hopped into the water and attempted to visit the Kitty -- oops I didn't head upstream enough to compensate for the current, and missed the wreck sigh.... all was not lost. We continued the drift down the lock, then zipped out into the St Lawrence to drift down to the Connie.

During the 60+ dive, Alfred E found a very nice -- intact -- old bottle (very nice).

Getting out, we once again did the car shuffle, and then we headed off to Prescott for air fills and decisions of what to do next. Cat, MWC and jrtonkin headed to Kingston to get in one more dive (and get back in time to return their rental stuff), and Alfred E, Diverlady, Freefloat and I headed to the Rothesay for our second dive.

Our gang got out of the water and hit the road to our respective homes just before the skies opened up and the rain came.

Wheeee

(Note: Freefloat came along not as a diver (though soon she'll be doing that, she came along and had fun as a free diver following us around -- good thing with floats & flags)

artw once bubbled...
How do you miss the kitty hawk?

I don't know, but I did :( Guess I'll just have to take everyone back there :)

Sunday turned out to be a great day! Finally got to meet some others from the board and get a couple of nice dives in as well.

Many thanks to Diving Gal for putting it together and taking us on a nice tour.

With any luck I'll be down with my bud on the 25th....

Back
Top Bottom