Thanksgiving in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alfred.E

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm down visiting my folks next weekend in Prescott and looking to see if anyone is interested in getting in a little diving.

Pm me if so...

Some of us are going to Ivy Lea on Sunday. We're meeting there around 10 - 10:30.

If you come, bring your boxing gloves - last time we were there a camper by the beach wanted to go a round with us.
Diver Joe saved the situation by calming him down (with a quick left hook to the right jaw) hee,hee.
:D

barb once bubbled...
Some of us are going to Ivy Lea on Sunday. We're meeting there around 10 - 10:30.

If you come, bring your boxing gloves - last time we were there a camper by the beach wanted to go a round with us.
Diver Joe saved the situation by calming him down (with a quick left hook to the right jaw) hee,hee.
:D

Hi Barb

My buddy and I dove Ivy Lea last Sunday and got charged $21.60 for the rights to the campsite... is this normal?

Just wondering, the dive was well worth the $10.80 I paid.

Hey Kaos, don't know what's up with that but we've been to Ivy Lea 3 times since Labour day at no cost. I know of several other divers who also have gone diving there for no cost. I'd be looking for a refund.

After Labour day they allow divers in for free. I understand that the owners of property at Rockport allow divers in free after Thanksgiving day. Happy diving,
UM

I went a few times during the summer and yes they did charged but they dont anymore since the campground is closed... there is a sign on the shack were its says divers are alowed after sept 21

Barb,

Thanks for the invite but I've already hooked up with Diving Gal, Cat etc to do some shore dives around Brockville on Sunday.

We are planning to do just one dive at Ivy Lea and then if we have enough gas left head out to another spot after.

Where are you guys going to be and around what time? Maybe we'll see you:)

The plans are not in the "definate" stage.... Give me a call (either now or on Sunday) and I'll tell all.

Cat & and I have planned stuff -- with a lot of leeway. Tentative meeting in Brockville and do the Gaskin, then head "up river" (or is that down river) towards Cardinal and Morrisburg for the Connie and or a drift.

... I just got a new wing - 27lb Halcyon for my trek south next weekend.
I want to give it a try so I'm also going for a dive at Blockhouse tomorrow.
I'm actually going to don my wetsuit. I dive all summer in a drysuit and now I'm switching to a wet suit .:wacko:

Rex and I are bringing wild man Micha for surface support.
Hey, maybe he'll bag a goose for dinner later.

Barb

Under Michael once bubbled...
Hey Kaos, don't know what's up with that but we've been to Ivy Lea 3 times since Labour day at no cost. I know of several other divers who also have gone diving there for no cost. I'd be looking for a refund.

After Labour day they allow divers in for free. I understand that the owners of property at Rockport allow divers in free after Thanksgiving day. Happy diving,
UM

We were gearing up beside the beach east of the bridge and this girl in a Park pickup came to us and told us the fee was $21.80. I saw other campers on site and I assumed that you still had to pay, even though the staff was down to a minimum.

As for Rockport, I'll be testing them in a couple of weeks, I'll see if they don't charge the $10 anymore after TG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom