Thanks to Local Diver, Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AGF

Registered
Reaction score
I have just returned from two weeks staying in Nuevo Vallarta, where I have enjoyed 8 days diving with Local Divers. Local Divers are a comparatively new operation run by Leslie, Nacho, & Nacho’s brother Moi, and whose boat goes from Los Peines Pier.

I have to say that it was quite difficult for me to find out information prior to my trip regarding the smaller operations in the area, and web searches only ever seemed to come across the larger, and for me less attractive, options such as Chico’s and Vallarta Adventures. After posting on ‘Scubaboard’ Leslie got in touch with me, and I ultimately scheduled to dive with them – a choice that I didn’t have cause to regret. The only thing that might have made me change my plans was if I could have found someone who had the miraculous ability to make the April waters of the Pacific a little warmer!

Clearly the guys at Local Divers wanted to take groups where possible, and me being a lone diver I understood that this might make scheduling a little more complex, and that I may have to fit into the requirements of these larger groups at times. However this did not stop the guys taking the boat out on a couple of days when it was just me, and for that I was really appreciative. Everyone is very friendly and the guys do everything to make your dive as stress free as possible, which is something that UK divers tend not to be used to – we do not expect pampering, and are usually more than happy to assemble our own kit, but it is nice on the odd occasions that you get spoilt a little!

All in all these guys have a lot of experience in the area – Nacho and Moi were born there, and Leslie has lived and dived the area for 12 years. They were able to take me to all of the known sites, plus some that were not on the normal dive site map, and it was well worth it, having got my first experience of diving with Mantas after almost 600 dives. It was also uncanny the knack that Leslie had for spotting Seahorses, and was almost as good as Nachos ability for spotting Octopus from 50 metres – if only the vis had been that good!! And Moi is getting no additional credit for spotting the Manta - at 15-20 feet across they really are hard to miss!!.

All in all I had a great time, and would again like to thank everyone at Local Divers for this. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any experienced diver wanting to avoid the hustle and bustle of the large cattle boats. There web site containing contact details is www.puertovallartadivers.com

Alan, thanks for the recommendation and I will look forward to diving with you again.

Back
Top Bottom