Thanks Light Monkey! You are the best!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A huge thanks to Light Monkey for excellent service!!

My beloved 21W Salvo light can latch popped while pulling my rig into our Zodiac & flooded. Friday night 6pm Pacific time just days before New Years. There I stood with a few weeks of diving low vis planned & a foaming LiIon battery :(.

It was nine PM in Fla when I call LM in desperation. Corey was packing for a trip but answered my call & took the order for a new battery. He listened to my desperation & offered the promise of a very speedy turn around. The new battery showed up just a few days later! But the light still didn’t work.

I called again & sent in my light. He tested it, replaced the switch & hose for a very nominal fee, upgraded the handle and a few extras turning it around that very day!

When I purchased my Salvo I was worried about future service. That's an unfounded fear! Corey, thanks SO MUCH for the excellent service! You definitely have my future business! I can't recommend you enough!!

Last edited:
Yup... Corey and Joel, Hmmm - Dynamic Duo or Wonder Twins...

I am looking at a high power HID in the future, and it's going to be Light Monkey.

They did the same thing for me when my well-used 21W went south just a few days before we left for the Red Sea -- including making an appointment on Saturday, when they are closed, to meet with a friend of mine who was in Florida, so he could bring the light home to me. I'm a LM customer for life.

I just saw this post and wanted to add my two cents. I totally agree. I bought a used 24W Salvo from a guy on this board. When I got it the light turned out to be depressingly dim. A friend had me contact Light Monkeys and I spoke to Corey by phone. I was pretty sure I just needed a new bulb and was going to just order that. He had me send in the entire light, which he thoroughly checked out. He upgraded and replaced the bulb, and the reflector. They turned the whole thing around in less than a week. Great job! I will definitely use them in the future too. While I now know I paid too much for the light, now that it's functioning properly, I love it. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom