Thanks for all the support SB members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thanks to those of you who have encouraged and advised me. This weekend I took and passed my YMCA Scuba Instructor exams.:D Many of you helped me during these last few months with your encouragement, advice, and sometimes just putting up with me!:11: I have many friends here who I've never met in person. Someday I'd like to.

This was one of the most grueling, intense, rewarding, fun, and exciting weekends of my life. Leading up to this there were many different emotions going on. Sometimes these came out in ways they should not have here on the board. Thanks you for allowing me to express them even when what was being said may not have been the kindest or wisest choice of words:shakehead:.

I'll never be politically correct, and will more often than not come across as, for lack of a better term, a little on the crusty side. But please know that I only wish to do what in my heart will hopefully help someone to be a better, perhaps safer diver, and when I bring out the 2x4 it's to get someone's attention if I think it will help.

This board has helped me through many difficult times getting to this goal. Some of you kept me going when I was ready to give it up awhile back. Some special thanks to some special people- first is to Pete for keeping this thing going, the mods for keeping it civil (perhaps too much sometimes), some of you like Cbulla, Howard, AnneMarie, Ber, Teamcasa, and Lynne have kept me in check at times or helped me out. I can't thank any of them though without mentioning the first mod who I had the "pleasure" of interacting with that is no longer with us-BigJetDriver. I miss him. We had a few conversations.

I also want to thank some of those who I do consider friends here, First of all TekDiveGirl. Kim I know we keep saying we'll be in touch more but things seem to keep getting in the way, someday we'll get it together. Missdirected, Aquaman- Jeremy we gotta do deep creek, Matt the Aquaman- an inspiration to all of us,
Tobin at DSS,NickHollis,DoItEasy,NLITim,Thalassamania,WVMike-who is also a dive buddy and mentor, DocHarry- another dive buddy, TomWinters, and last but certainly not least Walter. There are many more of you. I know I've missed some, Sorry it's been a long weekend. Again thanks.

Congrats!!! That's a very heartfelt and sincere thank you- I hope you didn't retire the 2x4 :D

Now go and certify some people and teach them how to dive safely!

Ahhh -- you are going to make me cry (and the reason I'll let the Kim thing slide --- it' KimBER!! :D:wink:)

You have come so far since we met here long ago! Congrats on all you have accomplished!

And don't get rid of the 2x4 or the crusty side -- they are some of your most endearing qualities!! :rofl3:

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the instructor fold :D Wishing you a couple easy, fun classes before the bizarre stuff starts :wink:

BIG HUG!
Ber :lilbunny:

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the instructor fold :D Wishing you a couple easy, fun classes before the bizarre stuff starts :wink:

BIG HUG!

Too late. I got a doozie right now in the class I'm teaching.:shakehead: She'll be ok I think. Just a little scatterbrained. Would be nice if she was as focused as the 12 yr old that's also in it.

Too late. I got a doozie right now in the class I'm teaching.:shakehead: She'll be ok I think. Just a little scatterbrained. Would be nice if she was as focused as the 12 yr old that's also in it.

Looks like you have the same kind of luck I had :D OK, here's to your THIRD class being a great experience :wink: You just gotta get through the first two :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom