Thank you to all the CSSP Divers Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Happy 4th of July to everyone! ! !

I want to say thank you to all of the divers who showed up at CSSP today. I had a really great time! I had three really excellent dives! All three dives were awesome! The visibility on the first two dives was great! The visibility on the third dive kind of sucked but that's okay. I don't know what changed between dive two and dive three. Go figure.

Same here had a blast. Nothing like doing some diving on the 4th of July. :D Great to meet some new people.

I headed out this morning thinking it would only be me and Ryan having to do all the diving ourselves. Turns out there were several lurkers that showed up and helped us muck the place up so John couldn't see on dive 3. :D

Three new Swampers were minted today. One was Chase_Nicole. The other two aren't on SB yet. One was named Jeff. Ryan, help me out with the other name please. Others in attendance included Texdiveguy and Firefytr. An excellent showing for an impromtu, throw-it-together-the-day-before kind of gathering.

I have:
Dive 1 - 1:11, 26' max. Tooled around the shallow end and took some pictures. Buddied with Jeff, who kept me alive despite my trying to photograph.
Dive 2a - :35, 28' max. Headed along the wall toward the plane. We lost our dive leader about half way there (Hi John!) and most of us surfaced to re-group.
Dive 2b - :55, 27' max. Thomas and I paired up and completed the trip to the plane then back across and along the wall sssssssllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllyyyyy. Just the way I like it!

Three dives.
No lost gear.
One blown o-ring.
Special award of merit to Chase who lent me her spare mask.
Special dumb*ss award to me for leaving my mask at home.
No fistfights despite yankees and Okies being in attendance. (I won't embarrass them by calling them out by name.)
Fun was had by all!

That's my report and I'm stickin' to it.

The other guys name was Harry or TxScubaBear.

In completion to the dive report John, Alan, and myself took off on another dive after the others left. We took of towards the shark, vis was pretty bad, but between Johns masterful nav. skills and Alan's knowledge we found it on the second pass. I just sat back and played around. Did a swim through on the shark before taking off to the boat, messed around on the boat for 10 min. or so, watched a perch go to town on a rock. We then preceded to to the silo ropes, once again John hit it dead on. (I keep telling him he needs to quit navigating so good, we are all starting to only rely on him). John and Alan stayed up above while I decided to take a little peak in the silo, vis was awesome in the silo, which is pretty strange, guess no one had been down their today. It was really cold and my 3/2 was defiantly not enough to stick around, so after a min. I preceded back up to John and Alan. Then we did the dive back along the rock wall, really a great day of diving. Dive time was a little over an hour on this dive and max depth in the silo was 59 feet and cold.:D I think today we saw just about the whole park.

Also mask seemed to be a problem today, with Craig forgetting his and then mine breaking before the second dive, thanks to John letting me barrow his extra.

Happy 4th!!!

What a wonderful time we all had...I DID. Great dives with some really nice folks....can't ask for more.

It was nice meeting some new divers and always a pleasure seeing old friends :) !

Thanks everyone for helping make a wonderful day.

Same here, always great putting faces with our board names, I had a super time myself, thanks to all!
Oh yeah, if you're going to do some bottom time I'd go with a 5mm, hood and gloves.....I wore a 3mm, no hood but had gloves and still was chilly!!!

Three new Swampers were minted today. One was Chase_Nicole. The other two aren't on SB yet.

I can't find anyone by the screen name Chase_Nicole on ScubaBoard. Are you sure she's a member yet?

I can't find anyone by the screen name Chase_Nicole on ScubaBoard. Are you sure she's a member yet?

Here she is Ken: Chace_Nicol

Thanks, Thomas. I'll add her as soon as I can. Since she is from Oklahoma, she can be an Honorary Swamper. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom