Thank You to all our Firefighting Divers on SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As many of you know, my town of Avalon was saved from certain devastation by the incredible actions of hundreds of firefighters from agencies all over the State.

I just wanted to use this thread to offer a word of thanks to all of you divers out there that risk your lives to fight fires in our homes, our cities and our wildlands throughout the globe. This also goes out to all the support personnel that help in these efforts including police officers, emergency service providers and volunteers.

EVERY time (in other words, very frequently) I see a truck passing by on our streets with firefighters I wave and yell out a loud thanks. Almost every time tears well up in my eyes as I do so (very unlike me I might add). I stop at every police check point and thank the Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies who have come over to assist.

I just wish all of you firefighters could come over and see the many signs around town thanking the nearly 1,000 men and women who fought and beat back the fire here. Of course this is Avalon, so one needs to disregard some of the spelling and grammar... but there is a very heartfelt outpouring from our population.

I went down to volunteer to help serve dinner to the firefighters and was told they had so many people already volunteering that they had to turn the rest of us away.

We are truly grateful for the efforts of those here on the island and those of you who fight fires elsewhere. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom