Thank You, SB Crew!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy We're back! Just in time for my 7 year anniversary with Scubaboard July 24th!

Thanks Laurens for all your work getting SB2 going to keep us happy during our down time. And a special thanks to Howard too!~~ or is that 2?

Obviously, we could do a lot of finger pointing and Astrodad is right: many businesses are run in this fashion. We are not and while I am at the helm, we never will be.

We are a SOLUTIONS BASED company. Rather than expend our energy by pointing fingers and thereby destroy our creativity in the process, we endeavored to RESOLVE the situation. Resolve it we did and I fully appreciate the warm well wishes we are getting for those who accomplished this task.

I would hasten to say that the person who thinks their data is TRULY safe from Murphy is deluded... and then some. All plans have failure points, and we identified several of ours. I like the proactive solutions that have been offered by our staff and our providers. Many of them have already been implemented and we should not have to endure this pain again. But that Murphy guy is so darned relentless. :D

I know of a couple or three people who have put some extensively laborious hours into bringing the board back up and refining the process, and I thank them.

All things are perfect only in theory.

So sayeth The Kraken . . .

Great response! Glad you guys are implementing recovery procedures etc for future issues!

NetDoc:
Obviously, we could do a lot of finger pointing and Astrodad is right: many businesses are run in this fashion. We are not and while I am at the helm, we never will be.

We are a SOLUTIONS BASED company. Rather than expend our energy by pointing fingers and thereby destroy our creativity in the process, we endeavored to RESOLVE the situation. Resolve it we did and I fully appreciate the warm well wishes we are getting for those who accomplished this task.

I would hasten to say that the person who thinks their data is TRULY safe from Murphy is deluded... and then some. All plans have failure points, and we identified several of ours. I like the proactive solutions that have been offered by our staff and our providers. Many of them have already been implemented and we should not have to endure this pain again. But that Murphy guy is so darned relentless. :D

AstroDad:
:) I guess I don't get all this "sucking up". Looks to me like someone's not doing their job.... or doing it poorly. I thought this board was run as a business? I'd be firing and hiring today if I had the five letter title.... :shakehead

Yeah right...NetDoc and his band of thieves really do make the big bucks running this board :rofl3: now for the next laugh......

great job guys ....thank you Howard for your help in the "poaching" problem :wink:..and all you other HIGHLY paid staff members of scubaboard hoo boy :rofl3:

now on with the show:popcorn:

AstroDad:
:) I guess I don't get all this "sucking up". Looks to me like someone's not doing their job.... or doing it poorly. I thought this board was run as a business? I'd be firing and hiring today if I had the five letter title.... :shakehead
I spent almost 10 years doing web application support for a 100 million dollar hosting company. We took care of the US government and some of the largest companies in the US, and had an entire division called "storage operations."

Their only responsibility was backing up and restoring data and making sure all the disks were happy.

However actually getting a full restore for any particular customer was never a sure thing. There was always a significant chance that "something bad" would have happened during the backup process and that the restored data would not be usable.

You do what you can with what you have and move on.

Terry

Thank you All

I designed the data center for Tweeter. And a few other monsters. Not having a bk of the last 12 hours data is one thing. Not having a bk for the last month is entirely something else....

Web Monkey:
I spent almost 10 years doing web application support for a 100 million dollar hosting company. We took care of the US government and some of the largest companies in the US, and had an entire division called "storage operations."

Their only responsibility was backing up and restoring data and making sure all the disks were happy.

However actually getting a full restore for any particular customer was never a sure thing. There was always a significant chance that "something bad" would have happened during the backup process and that the restored data would not be usable.

You do what you can with what you have and move on.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom