Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking of going to Thailand on a dive holiday I want to fly to Bankok and go from there. I know it not much to go on but would like any idea's. I want to dive in the next two months and know that one side of the country has bad weather while the other has good.
I will be going on my own, so it will be quite an adventure. Is it safe to do this?

No worries, spent loads of time travelling round thailand either with people I kne or by myself. east coast weather will be crap at the moment so best stick to andaman coast. Have fun!

I am thinking of flying to Phuket and getting to where? on the south of the island then flyng to bankok for the lasw two days. Any idea's on where to stay or can you just turn up and get looked after.

www.sawadee.com

You can get lots of info on places to stay and most of them can be booked over the internet.

If you want to stay on Phuket then note that the beaches are on the West of the island. Can personally recommend Kata beach. Also has the advantage that if you want to take the offshore day trips the harbour at Chalong (where all the dive boats are based) is only 10 minutes away.

From Phuket there are good trips to King Cruiser, Shark Point, Anemone Reef, Racha Noi and Yai.

There is on shore diving from Kata Beach - check out

www.phuket-scuba-club.com

where I did my AOW.

As for weather the monsoon clears from West to East but it should be gone by now.

Personally we really like Thailand so it has a strong recommendation from my wife and I.

Any further questions feel free to PM me.

regards

There is better diving off Phi Phi - water is generally clearer and you can do a day trip to Hin Muang which I'm told is very good.

Best diving is off liveaboards that go the Similans/Burma Banks.

I'm from Thailand ! If you have any question feel free to message me. I love to help you.

steve_r0binson once bubbled...

I will be going on my own, so it will be quite an adventure. Is it safe to do this?

Yo,

I traveled to Thailand on my own this summer (met up with some people later though). It seemed to be very safe, I never felt uncomfortable. Sometimes I felt like a paid a little too much (mostly for cabs). The diving was great. And a DM always went down with the group so, the DM may turn out to be your buddy. If you go the Bankok use the taxi queue at BKK (airport) it will save you a few bucks. I found that Bankok Air was really resonoble for getting down to Phuket and some of the islands. People all over will want to sell you something, unless you are interested in buying, let them know that up front with a polite smile (especially in Kuta and Silom Rd in BK).

You will have a great and safe time!!!

Jimi

I have just looked at the weather there and it's raining! I thought that the west coast would be dry now and the east coast wet. Is anyone there at the mo or just got back. I have been told that I can't go until January (work yuk). Will the weather be better or worse by then. It'a a long way to go and I want to be sure it's sunny! Or else I'll go back to Sharm in Egypt.
:wink:

I can assure you it is most certainly not raining in Phuket right now.

If you are now planning to come in January, the weather will probably be better than now. Not sure how that's possible, but let's say there's even less chance of rain, save for a good old fashioned tropical afternoon shower or two.

January is in the "cool" season. Not raining and not as hot as March/April. Good time for diving.

Hope to see you here next year!

OK,

I have looked around and managed to get a flight and five days room for £695. It's an open flight ticket so I can fly back when I want. The room is £30 a night. I will need to look for somewhere else when the room runs out. Is this a good deal or do you know better?

Flight = London to bangkok then phuket
Accom = orchidace resort in Kata - ???????
cant find it on the net
:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom