Thailand Liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are lots of liveaboards in the area.

It really depends what you would like: a small boat, or a bigger boat with more guests, private bathrooms, airconditioning, cabin with doubel bed/twin beds, and: what kind of atmosphere on the boat are you looking for.

It also depends on your destination: are you looking at doing only Similans, or Similans + Richelieu Rock, or also Hin Daeng/Muang?

You can find a nice overview of liveaboards on www.thailand-scuba.com, also all of the DC's in Phuket can help you out.

Shasta_man:
Thinking of diving next year in Thailand.
Any suggestions on liveaboards?

There are many to choose from. The season is October - May for liveaboards to the Similan Islands, Richelieu Rock, Hin Daeng and also to the Mergui Archipelago (Myanmar). There are boats ranging from backpacker boats where you sleep on deck (!), up to 3000 dollar plus luxury trips. Hard to recommend one single boat without knowing your preferences with regards to budget, length of trip and destination. The variety of boats guarantees you can find something to suit you!

Wishing you happy diving :)

Thanks for the overview site.

I'm still researching the world for where to go. :)

stevenl:
There are lots of liveaboards in the area.

It really depends what you would like: a small boat, or a bigger boat with more guests, private bathrooms, airconditioning, cabin with doubel bed/twin beds, and: what kind of atmosphere on the boat are you looking for.

It also depends on your destination: are you looking at doing only Similans, or Similans + Richelieu Rock, or also Hin Daeng/Muang?

You can find a nice overview of liveaboards on www.thailand-scuba.com, also all of the DC's in Phuket can help you out.

I was on the Mermaid 2 this past February and had a great time. I did the "Andaman Safari" which covers Hin Muang/ Hin Duang in the south and the Similans up north. The boat isn't luxurious but it is clean, spacious, and has a great crew. At 1000 dollars for the week It's kind of hard to beat I would think. The food was also very good. I would certainly do it again in the future, but right now my itinerary is Cozumel-Roatan-Red Sea- and hopefully galapagos or Cocos.

i have used similian pro dive which i would not recommend at all. on may 2-6 im going out on the queen scuba (coral grand divers) prices run about 26,000 baht for 4 days/4nights. divide by 40 to get usd price. destination is richeliu rock, koh bon, koh tachta and the similians. dont know how its going to go but i have heard that it is an amazing boat. ill post my report when i come back next week. good luck with your decision!

I dived with Viking Of The Orient to the Similians and was quite happy. New boat (about 3 years now) and all rooms with ensuite bathrooms/showers. This boat is in the upper-class range of the liveaboard in this area, along with the Panunee and Ocean Rover. I hear also that Aqua One is also nice. Check my link below for more Thailand diving advice.

Island Hoppa:
i have used similian pro dive which i would not recommend at all. on may 2-6 im going out on the queen scuba (coral grand divers) prices run about 26,000 baht for 4 days/4nights. divide by 40 to get usd price. destination is richeliu rock, koh bon, koh tachta and the similians. dont know how its going to go but i have heard that it is an amazing boat. ill post my report when i come back next week. good luck with your decision!

just got back from the queen scuba (coral grand divers) and would highly recommend them. food was great, and so was crew. the thai guys and staff were great. plus we got to dive nitrox! great overall experience and will definately dive with them again!!! we dove the similians, koh bon, koh tacha, and richelieu rock. 4 day 4 night. highly recommended!!! good luck with your decision.

Dove twice with
Colona Diving & Tours Co.,Ltd.
www.liveaboard-thailand.com

Now they have a new boat Nautica wich will travel to Myanmar (from Oktober on, I think).
Not luxury but with your own bathroom and air con in each room, found twice a big mixure of nationality, very very good food, nice staff...

Beside this you will for sure enjoy diveing there. I just came back and was great even if visibillity was not the top. But this was the season for manta and whale shark...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom