Thailand dive and sail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n9643750

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used these guys before? I'm booking a liveaboard trip for the beginning of march, and they're asking for all the money up front. Is this normal?

Also, any reccomendations for cheap place to stay in Khao Lak?

thanks!

The diver has chosen a reseller to deal with and has made a booking. He has done his homework and has made his decision about who he wants to manage his arrangements, as is his right as a consumer. He's only asking about payment deadlines. Coming in and offering to undercut the booking that he has already contracted for is widely considered an unethical business practice.

Judging by his post he has not made the booking yet, but most importantly: nobody is poaching, as it is somebody totally not related to the agent in question offering advice.

And yes, it would be unethical IMO, but Siam Dive n Sail would never do that.

So a not involved 3rd party is offering advice here, not the most ethical edvice, but not poaching by the agent mentioned as you suggested.

Wrong again! And on several counts!

First, he HAS made his booking, through Thailand Dive and Sail, and is merely asking about payment deadlines since TDS have asked him for full payment immediately. This indicates that he has already been invoiced for his booking. So yes, he has made a booking.

Second, cephasiii has offered to act as a go-between to secure a deal for the OP through a company he is affiliated somehow with (he is associated with the owner). So here he has jumped into the middle of a done deal and tried to entice the customer away. This is unethical. I'm pretty sure that if Siam Dive and Sail knew he was doing this, they'd ask him to refrain.

Third, this is a public forum. I have every right to express my distaste for this sort of business practice, particularly since the offer was made in the forum, publicly.

No.

1) He is booking or has booked for Thailand Dive n Sail, and did nowhere mention Siam Dive n Sail. And those 2 are different companies.

2) And we don't know whether he has booked already, I for example find it very normal to inform my guests before they receive an invoice of the payment conditions, including booking terms. So that he knows he has to pay in full on booking does not mean the booking process is complete except for the payment.

3) It sounds to me like cephasii is not affiliated with Siam Dive n Sail, but is just a customer there. But I could be wrong there, just as you could be wrong there. And most likely are since you don't even know the company.

4) And yes, agree, no-one should act like this, just as no-one on here should make offers by PM to people enquiring about options on the board. And I have every right to express my distaste for this sort of business practice.

---------- Post added February 8th, 2013 at 05:59 PM ----------

And don't edit your posts after an answer has been posted, that is very unethical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom