Thailand - Best instruction - IDC/CDC - MSDT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m147064

New
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,
I am planning to come (from Canada) to Thailand next February to do my IDC course followed by the MSDT and I am looking for the best instruction possible. I am NOT looking just to pass an exam as quick and as cheep as possible in order to get a quick fix career :no. I am 40 and I already have a well establish professional career, for now... I am looking for a program that will help me become an outstanding instructor in terms of competencies, teaching technique and security. Since I am coming from around the world to stay for at least 4 weeks, I would also like to be in a pleasant relaxing environment where to dive is good at that time of the year.

So I'm looking for fact-based recommendations for, in order of priority:
1- The best course director in Thailand to help me become an outstanding Instructor
2- Somewhere pleasant and relaxing :14:
3- Somewhere the dive will be great at that time of the year:D

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- I am not appealed by Phuket, too big/busy; although I know nothing about it.
- As long as reasonable, cost is not constraint; if I'm coming from around the world I'm going to do this right.

I have been in touch with a few Course director and, so far, the one who seams to have the most interesting approach (and not based in Phuket) is in Koh Tao; any opinion about Koh Tao IDCs anyone?

Thanks a million for your help :D

Hi,

From what you have said it sounds like Phuket is your best option. The diving in Phuket is great in February, and Phuket can be very pleasant and relaxing, if you know where to go and where to stay. There are also some great course directors here on the island. I have lived here for 3 years and I have had several friends do IDC's here and have had great experiences, and have gone on to be great instructor's.
If you would like any help setting up your trip to Phuket, please do not hesitate to ask me, and I will let you in on all of the insider info.
You can send me a private message and I can give you some more info on IDC's, dates, prices, where to stay etc etc.

I hope this has been useful.

Thanks

Like StevenL I highly recommend Bent Posejpal if you decide to change your mind about Phuket. Also on Koh Samui Camille Lemmens (known as Limbo on SB) has an excellent reputation and I have known Lior Besser as a fantastic instructor who has recently become a CD based on Koh Tao.

Wishing you good luck with your future ventures!

Hi,
I just jump in and read your question, i can recommand you Camille also. A verry experiened Course Director. And about the divesite here around, they great. But if you come to Thailand for your Idc you will have no much time to get wet. Feb is a good time to visit Tao/Samui.

Cheers...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom