Thailand 2018?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

efekete

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm considering doing a dive trip to thailand next year either march or april. My idea is either a liveaboard or 7 days diving and doing some island hoping also.
Have no idea were to start looking.
Suggestions will be welcome!

Best regards

E.-

What I would suggest is a 4 or 5 days liveaboard, combined with 2 or 3 days daytrip diving. All in the Andaman Sea iof course, which has the best diving Thailand has to offer.

I'd be happy to help you with that.

I'm considering doing a dive trip to thailand next year either march or april. My idea is either a liveaboard or 7 days diving and doing some island hoping also.
Have no idea were to start looking.
Suggestions will be welcome!

Still during Similans season, so would suggest looking into Similans liveaboards for that time period. Make sure you visit Richelieu Rock - don't go for any liveaboard that doesn't have it. That area has the best diving I've encountered so far in Thailand by far. You would normally go from Phuket.

Have dived a few other locations in the Andaman sea and they are ok but really not comparable.

Hi there!

Considering the timing of your trip and your experience, the best diving in Thailand is going to be on a liveaboard to the Similan Islands. These islands are northwest of Phuket in the Andaman Sea. Sometimes you get mantas and whale sharks along with just a really healthy marine environment. However, they can only realistically be reached by liveaboard.

As you have some time, make sure you look for a boat that goes to Richilieu Rock. It’s technically just outside of the archipelago, but it offers the absolute best diving in Thailand. You’ll want an itinerary that’s at least 5 days to get there and dive it comfortably although some boats offer 3 night itineraries that would leave you some room for land-based activities, too.

While you are researching your trip, you might find our article on the best liveaboards in Thailand to be useful. You can also search all the boats in Thailand here.

We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. In the meantime, happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom