TG photos, Show us what you shot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qzIZzd5.jpg

how do you like the HDR mode? The (very) little I've played with, I'm not impressed.. Or do I need to do the post processing and stack all the photos?

For night diving, it makes my post processing easier. The contrast is better and more balanced, with reduced hot spot, but I have far from the ideal lighting. Each shot does take a while to record to the card though, so it would be difficult with moving subjects. I've only used it for one dive so far.

The photos seem to stack automatically when you take the shot. They don't appear as different images in either the Olympus software or Lightroom, so I think the camera uses the stacking to extract better lighting of the shot overall. From this perspective it does seem to improve the lighting dynamics across the shot.

I want to get a decent light this year for my rig and I'll continue to work on the different modes and better familiarity with the camera, so I can change modes more easily in the water, especially at night where I can't see the buttons.

Macro setting, zoomed in, then had to back up!
1690196124568.png

I had fun photographing (tompot?) blennies today and a small triplefin. The blennies are super curious. I had my fingers braced on the rock because there was so much movement in the water and next thing I know one is swimming plant to plant closer and closer to check me out. Once they realize you don't bite they are little hams for the camera. Triple fin is a another story and hard to photo because from the top they look red with a black head and from the side they are nearly see through.
P7240120.JPG

Attachments

• P7240158.JPG
    P7240158.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 49
  • P7240147.JPG
    P7240147.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 53
  • P7240166.JPG
    P7240166.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 48
Sailfin Blenny.