TG 6 Flooded with Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't looked at how to disassemble them, but if you can open it up and clean with alcohol there's always a chance. As others have posted, need to get all the salt out though. I'd get a few q tips and a small brush and go to town cleaning every area I could on the inside. Dose it with alcohol and then clean it again. Still not a guarantee, but worth a shot.

Here's a video of the TG-4, there might be one of the 6 out there;

Edit: I would not try turning it on until you've done that^^^

They are Tough but not that tough :( . Next time get the housing that is made for them.

N

They are Tough but not that tough :( . Next time get the housing that is made for them.

N

For snorkeling? I wouldn't want that bulky thing if snorkeling. Just need to make sure to close all the doors.

The PT-059 is actually very compact. Take the camera underwater and take your chances. With the housing, a minor leak would not likely do any harm to a sealed camera. My wife dives the TG-6 in the PT-059, so far, so good.

The PT-059 is actually very compact. Take the camera underwater and take your chances. With the housing, a minor leak would not likely do any harm to a sealed camera. My wife dives the TG-6 in the PT-059, so far, so good.

I have a TG-1 (or 2) with the housing. If we're snorkeling I don't use the case. I've had it since new, never had an issue. I wouldn't take it to its rated depth, but 5-10' (or whatever I swim down to snorkeling) I've done for years. I do use a little floaty thing so in case it's dropped it doesn't go to 30' or what have you.

To each his own, just sharing my experience. If the case doesn't feel bulky then knock yourself out. No wrong way.

I have a TG-1 (or 2) with the housing. If we're snorkeling I don't use the case. I've had it since new, never had an issue. I wouldn't take it to its rated depth, but 5-10' (or whatever I swim down to snorkeling) I've done for years. I do use a little floaty thing so in case it's dropped it doesn't go to 30' or what have you.

To each his own, just sharing my experience. If the case doesn't feel bulky then knock yourself out. No wrong way.
Good for you my wife takes it below the snorkeling depth while on scuba

Good for you my wife takes it below the snorkeling depth while on scuba

Makes sense then...plenty of ways to snorkel

I've had my TG-5 on dives down to 45 feet outside of the housing. No problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom