TG-6 Flash Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan B.

Contributor
Reaction score
I took my TG-6 out of its housing to shoot some nudibranchs in a small salt water aquarium, as I've done before. After about 40 or so shots the shutter wouldn't release and, of course, the built-in flash wouldn't fire. Examination showed that with the flash turned off the shutter released just fine, and the video worked as well. No evidence of flooding--at least not through the two gasketed ports--and the wee xenon tube seems to be in one, non-smoky piece. I suspect, nonetheless that the problem lies there at: a non-functioning flash preventing the shutter from firing. Has anyone else had, and hopefully resolved, this problem, or has anyone had to replace the xenon tube? I'm looking for a direction to go from here.

Attachments

• 5+27TG_21a.jpg
    5+27TG_21a.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 67
I don't know if you fixed the problem, but it seems to my eye more related with the flash charging circuit: the camera will block the shutter till the flash capacitor has a sufficient voltage. If either the capacitor or the charging circuit is dead, i asume the 'ready' flag will be always down.

Back
Top Bottom